DiveOptx

Kevin R

So, I bought an awesome new bike ('19 Tracer 900 GT) with a sweet multicolored, multifunction display (apparently borrowed from Yammie's sport bikes?). Anyway, as a person of...ahem...a certain age my eyes are not quite the laser focused orbs of yesteryear. Darn it if I didn't have a hard time reading all the lovely info coming at me from the bike's display asied from mph, rpm, and gear. 🙄  It might've been okay for me if I was on an R1 or R6 with my face a little closer, but not on the Tracer.

Riding with reading glasses is not an option as I don't have, or want, "reader" sunglasses - and then what happens when the sun goes down, have to stop riding (heaven forbid!) and switch to regular (non-tinted) readers? I think not! I mulled over many potential options involving magnifying glasses attached to the display and such but to no avail.

Then I found DiveOptx, little stick on magnifiers made for, you guessed it, divers who couldn't see their gauges while underwater. I thought, hmmmm, could this really work on a motorcycle faceshield? Answer: YES!  I purchased a set with the same power as my computer glasses since I sit at about the same distance as the bike's display when working on the computer (my book readers are a little higher power than the computer glasses). I literally giggled in my helmet while riding when I took my first ride with them installed and could clearly see that glorious display on the bike in its every intricate detail. Best $25 I ever spent.

Thought I'd share with the forum. Check it out!

Cheers!

DiveOptx4.jpg

DiveOptx2.jpg

DiveOptx3.jpg

DiveOptx1.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, betoney said:

I have never heard of those but that is a great idea.  Thanks for sharing.

Ditto - in spades!   Who'd have thought it?   And bonus if you have to ride through flooded roads!!

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 2 months later...
  • Supporting Member

Now THAT's thinking outside of the box!!  Great tip

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount