Group buy on Gilles Tooling chain adjusters

Over on our Tenere 700 Forum, BellissiMoto is having a big group buy. One o the items is the same Gilles Chain Adjuster and Titanium Axel nut that fits the FJ09/Tracer 900! 

These chain adjusters look awesome, and makes removing and installing the rear wheel so much easier. Also makes adjusting the chain easier too. 

The Chain adjuster comes in Red, Black or gold. Group buy price for the adjuster kit is only $86.00 , it's normally $102.00 Retail.

You guys are welcome to come jump in on this!

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I already have the Gilles adjuster so I have no need for the group buy, but I can say the Gilles adjuster is well made and easier to use than the OEM adjusters. Good upgrade to the Yamaha adjusters which appear to be made from case hardened cheese.

• Thumbsup 1

All good, but it takes four hours to install them :)

• Thumbsup 1

Honda CB600F Hornet 2008; KTM LC4 640 SM Prestige 2007; Kawasaki Z1000 2007; Honda CB1000R 2010; BMW R1200GS 2010; Yamaha Tracer 900GT 2018; Yamaha TDM900 2002; Kawasaki KLX230 2020; KTM 690 Enduro R 2022: Bold = current

• 2 weeks later...

No it does not take 4 hours.  Use a dowel when you push out the axle so the wheel doesn't drop.  Then push out the dowel when you put the axle back on.  Seriously, this can be done easily in 1 to 1.5 hours.

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, dundee said:

No it does not take 4 hours.  Use a dowel when you push out the axle so the wheel doesn't drop.  Then push out the dowel when you put the axle back on.  Seriously, this can be done easily in 1 to 1.5 hours.

You missed the point, he was talking about making his stop motion video.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***