Jump to content
urbannomad

Shad SH36 side cases & 3P mount system

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Selling my shad sh36 side cases with 3P mount system (for 2015-2017). Also includes the inner liner bags which make it super convenient to haul in stuff on trips. 

in excellent condition, comes with all mounting screws etc. 

i am based near Toronto & shipping can be arranged if needed basis actual costs. 

price for both, 3p system & shad cases: CAD 600 (USD 450) obo.

720A35B0-5CD2-4FDF-BDA2-CE03C56CEDDD.jpeg

D8F7CCAF-5EC6-42D1-94F2-BC5B7DA3872C.jpeg

Edited by urbannomad
Corrected listing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus one on these panniers and mounts they are not the narrowest but IMO are the lightest biggest and easiest to run good luck on your sale

  • Thumbsup 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Plus one on these panniers and mounts they are not the narrowest but IMO are the lightest biggest and easiest to run good luck on your sale

Tks... Honestly if my new bike (Versys 1k) didn’t already come with panniers, I’d have retained these. They are indeed perfect for touring. 

  • Thumbsup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shad cases are now pending pick up. 3P rack available for sale: $150 obo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2020 at 3:57 PM, urbannomad said:

Tks... Honestly if my new bike (Versys 1k) didn’t already come with panniers, I’d have retained these. They are indeed perfect for touring. 

Have you had the Versys 1000 long enough for a thorough comparison to the FJ/ Tracer?  Any thoughts pro's or con's?  I test rode the Versys a few times, '16 or '17 model and really enjoyed how the bike rode but not so much the styling.  I like where they have taken the new features, equal or exceeding the FJR in some areas but in a taller more upright riding position.


***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2020 at 6:54 PM, betoney said:

Have you had the Versys 1000 long enough for a thorough comparison to the FJ/ Tracer?  Any thoughts pro's or con's?  I test rode the Versys a few times, '16 or '17 model and really enjoyed how the bike rode but not so much the styling.  I like where they have taken the new features, equal or exceeding the FJR in some areas but in a taller more upright riding position.

Have had it for around 6 weeks now. Got only about 1200kms on it so far. I have the 2029 se lt version. 
 

initial thoughts: riding position is way more comfortable and the significant difference in suspension shines through. On the FJ, I balked at changing out the handlebar, seat & suspension and after 3 years chose to change the bike out instead. Long rides were becoming very painful frankly. I can say that clearly seems resolved. But... yet to do a week long ride and should know better then. 

cruise control & the quick shifter are awesome too. Love the electronic suspension. 
 

where the FJ felt better: lighter weight & frankly that engine! Yet to see that raw torquey feel on any other bike. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, urbannomad said:

Have had it for around 6 weeks now. Got only about 1200kms on it so far. I have the 2029 se lt version. 
 

initial thoughts: riding position is way more comfortable and the significant difference in suspension shines through. On the FJ, I balked at changing out the handlebar, seat & suspension and after 3 years chose to change the bike out instead. Long rides were becoming very painful frankly. I can say that clearly seems resolved. But... yet to do a week long ride and should know better then. 

cruise control & the quick shifter are awesome too. Love the electronic suspension. 
 

where the FJ felt better: lighter weight & frankly that engine! Yet to see that raw torquey feel on any other bike. 

Thanks for the honest assessment.  I rode the manual suspension model and right from the showroom, the bike felt comfortable, smooth and well composed.  It definitely felt more substantial but in no way was it unwieldy or cumbersome in slow speed traffic or stoplights, the weight and mass centralization felt very well proportioned. 

I really like the FJR and have ridden both the Gen 2 and 3 models, LOVE that bike but it is significantly heavier and more top heavy and feels like it, if they ever redesign (or release something similar) with lower CG and a weight loss, I will take a serious look, along with the Versys in a few years.


***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×