Southern California Loosing stay at home orders

racreative

• Premium Member

Took advantage of the recent loosing up on the stay home orders or as I prefer to reference it: "House Arrest". Wife and I took a nice ride yesterday on Highway 18 from Lake Silverwood, along the Rim of the World to Big Bear Lake, and then dropped down Highway 38 to Redlands. One hundred miles of twisty mountain road that climbs to about 8500 feet at its summit. Perfect temperature. We took a few pictures along the way. Finally had some businesses open, however, it is still weird out. It is surreal seeing everyone in masks, people jump if you accidentally get to close and plexiglass barriers at every store register. It is like the biggest and longest game of cooties ever played!

IMG_2410.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_2422.jpg

IMG_2426.jpg

IMG_6871.JPEG

IMG_6877.jpg

IMG_6882.jpg

IMG_6884.jpg

IMG_6887.jpg

IMG_6890.jpg

IMG_6892.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 3

• Supporting Member
12 minutes ago, racreative said:

Wife and I took a nice ride yesterday on Highway 18 from Lake Silverwood, along the Rim of the World to Big Bear Lake, and then dropped down Highway 38 to Redlands.

IMG_6882.jpg

IMG_6887.jpg

I have wanted to ride to Big Bear Lake forever but its 1200 miles away so I would need to plan a road trip around that destination.  I have never ridden my bike further South than Santa Cruz on the West side and Sonora Pass on the East side, I need to continue South soon.  Those 2 photos are all the justification I need.  😎👍 

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

We wanted to continue on through the Mountain range but ran out of light. Plans had been to continue up the backside of Idyllwild and come out in Anza. @betoneyLet me know if you make a trip down here, could plan a ride for sure.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, 1moreroad said:

Great roads but usually way too crowded. Hope you had a clean run up and down the mountain. 

There was a little congestion. I have definitely seen worse. Mostly high school kids in their "Fast and Furious" cars. I think leisurely weekend drives may still be out of budget for a lot people right now. I am sure that as temps raise in the valley more people will start to seek the cool mountain temps.