Lurchy at slow speed

Yamajank

• Premium Member

In second gear at 25 mph mine runs a little rough. I've adjusted the APS and had the throttle bodies synched. I just figured it was the nature of this motor.

• Thumbsup 1

6 minutes ago, fr8dog said:

In second gear at 25 mph mine runs a little rough. I've adjusted the APS and had the throttle bodies synched. I just figured it was the nature of this motor.

It's not really fond of running at low RPM, which is basically required to ride slow.  The TB's being out of sync makes it worse for sure, but it's not really happy at low speeds ever.  I find  you basically just want to use the clutch to smooth things out at really low speeds (which is generally what you do for low speed maneuvers anyways)

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

It's not really fond of running at low RPM, which is basically required to ride slow.  The TB's being out of sync makes it worse for sure, but it's not really happy at low speeds ever.  I find  you basically just want to use the clutch to smooth things out at really low speeds (which is generally what you do for low speed maneuvers anyways)

I wasn't clear. I didn't get those things done because of how it ran at 25 mph. APS was done to smooth the abrupt throttle (it helped) and TBS was done when valves adjusted and plugs changed. I agree about the use of the clutch.

• Premium Member

I'll try B mode. I'm in Standard all of the time. I know I'm probably in the minority. I've ridden in A and it's a blast. It's like a different bike.