Wintersdark

Tracer 900GT: Illustrated Guide to Syncing Throttle Bodies, or - how to pull off all your fairings.

9 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Kept imagining forgetting to put the caps back on the vacuum ports or something moronic like that, and only noticing when I finally finished putting all the bodywork back on.  

LOL, funny you should mention that. I synced my TBs this winter, and just when I was re-installing the final panel I noticed those exact rubber caps still sitting in my parts holder. 🤬

I swear it's way easier to do this on a straight up fully faired sportbike.

Yep. I would say the Katana 600 and Interceptor 700 I had were about as bad as the FJ-09, but everything else I've owned was a lot easier. 

• Thumbsup 1

14 hours ago, skipperT said:

The alternate procedure is to wind all 3 screws in gently until they are seated. Look at your sync gauge, and whichever number TB is pulling the most vacuum is your new standard. Wind out the other 2 screws to lower the vacuum until they are all equal. 
yamaha doesn’t always print this in every service manual, but’s it’s been used since the R6 came out back in 06 IIRC? I think that was the first model where Yamaha started using paint marks on the throttle bodies to designate a “standard”. 
-Skip

Gotcha.  Yeah, that's definitely not in my service manual, but it makes a lot of sense.  Good to know, thanks!

• Thumbsup 1

Thanks so much for the step by step with all of the photos, really appreciate it.

• Thumbsup 1