K-Tech & Nitron Shock Spring Preload Pin Tool

• Premium Member

The K-Tech shocks and I believe the Nitron can accept a 4 mm round pin to rotate the spring preload collar.  Other than using a parallel pin punch I have not found a ready-made tool for this purpose. So I've purchased a total of 72 inches of 4 mm round high carbon steel rod that I'm going to cut to about a 5-1/2" long and bend a little kink similar to the pin adjuster tool for Penske shocks.  Based on a 6 inch length each, that means I can fab 12 of these spring preload adjuster tools.  I'm going to keep two of these for myself which leaves 10 available for other Forum members. I'm not 100% positive that the Nitron shocks accept a 4 in pin but I believe they do.  Until I fab them up, I won't know how much time it will take but it shouldn't be a lot, and then I have to figure out how much they're worth including my labor and material costs. But again it shouldn't be a lot.  I'm not planning on going into wholesale production of these or making a profit I'm just doing this because of a need for them.

Post up and let me know if you're interested in one.

Cheers