FJ-09 Stop Sale in USA

mjsracing

Due to the recall, my local dealer said that no FJ-09's (and other affected bikes) with VIN's in the recall range are able to be sold. Local dealer had no ETA for resolution. Waiting for repair parts from Yamaha, or new factory bikes not included in recall.
2015 FJ-09, 2016 1290 Super Duke, 2017 150 XC-W (primary ride), 2012 DR650

• Premium Member
Due to the recall, my local dealer said that no FJ-09's (and other affected bikes) with VIN's in the recall range are able to be sold. Local dealer had no ETA for resolution. Waiting for repair parts from Yamaha, or new factory bikes not included in recall.
Yup.  I missed out on buying mine ahead of the recall by *one* day.  No word from my dealer on when they might be able to get the service done either.  In another thread (Intent to recall) the word is that the parts are already becoming hard to get. 
The only good thing is that I wasn't going to be able to ride this weekend anyway, as I was informed that we're going to my in-laws for Easter.  Maybe I get lucky and the parts come in while I'm away and the bike is ready when I get back.

(Fat chance of that, I figure they would already have been able to tell me if they thought they'd get the part soon, but hope springs eternal.)
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
This will probably cause our esteemed and immoderate Moderator wessie to have conniptions, before he wheels out a totally irrelevant defensive rant about BMW, BUT – these happenings, delays, and lack of information must be doing a lot of harm to the Yamaha brand. I can almost feel the frustration and even anger from many here…

Yamaha certainly seems ill-prepared, and that view is supported by the widespread lack of important accessories that appear to be still unavailable.

It’s all very un-Japanese-like!

L of S [em](‘39 model)
Brisbane
Queensland
Australia[/em]

I'm not feeling it.

Remember that this affects multiple models (5) that Yamaha has produced over the last couple years. It's not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things. There's a stop sale on the Super Tenere, r6, fz6 and fz09 as well as the FJ09.

Now the recent airbag recalls by many of the major auto manufacturers over the summer? That's a big deal.

If you're not happy about it, don't buy the bike or don't wait to buy the bike. It's pretty much that simple.

My 0.02 usd
-skip

• Premium Member
This will probably cause our esteemed and immoderate Moderator wessie to have conniptions, before he wheels out a totally irrelevant defensive rant about BMW, BUT – these happenings, delays, and lack of information must be doing a lot of harm to the Yamaha brand. I can almost feel the frustration and even anger from many here… 
Yamaha certainly seems ill-prepared, and that view is supported by the widespread lack of important accessories that appear to be still unavailable.

L of S [em](‘39 model)
Brisbane
Queensland
Australia[/em]

How cute. I have my very own troll. 
If you aren't happy with the brand, do as skipper suggests, buy something else. Whatever you do, please take your incessant whining elsewhere. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

L of S [em](‘39 model)
Brisbane
Queensland
Australia[/em]

Mate, it's not as if they're sweeping it under the rug nor limiting information flow.
Hardly anyone here has got the squirts about the Tracer or its donk other then yourself, a few ruffled feathers here and there about presale/pre delivery issues but none that raised my eyebrow.
My bikes under recall and im not getting stroppy, nor are the other Aussie owners I know, they're more then happy to get their bikes fixed for free, and most of them, myself included, need their bikes for work.
To be honest be glad Yammy has done a quick recall on the shafts, they could of just left it alone and none of us would be any wiser until bikes started going tits up. They're being proactive about the issue, how about you do the same.

As for accessories...what is could you possibly want that it already comes with or can be purchased at ToS?
They freaking come with hard panniers and a 12v socket ffs.

• Premium Member
My dealer called me today to tell me about it and will have the parts in shortly. Obviously important enough that they are having dealers Contact owners?.
Mine hasn't called yet. Has Hell froze over yet? 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
I'm wondering.. Is there a visual way to know if dealer actually did the recall upgrade ? I see many are waiting on parts.. My dealer took few days and got it.. I'm picking up my new bike tomorrow... Do I trust them ? Sales do funny shet sometimes just to get payments.
I don't know? Do you trust them? 
Do you go through life assuming people are going to rip you off? Do you put Tippex on oil & air filters? Life must be pretty miserable if you do.

I prefer to assume people and businesses are pretty honest. Most are in reality. 

Would you be happy if every business treated you as if you were going to rob them when you entered a store? Shopping would end up like getting on an international flight where everyone is assumed to be a paid up member of ISIS. 

Chill, pick up & ride the bike. It's Saturday tomorrow.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

well.. i was scheduled to pick it up tomorrow morning.. i get a call.. bike is ready but no Recall done or accessories added.. they wanted me to pick up bike and pay and reschedule the accessory installs when they come in.. ordered bike 3 weeks ago.. parts are on backorder... AHHHH...

I'm wondering.. Is there a visual way to know if dealer actually did the recall upgrade ? I see many are waiting on parts.. My dealer took few days and got it.. I'm picking up my new bike tomorrow... Do I trust them ? Sales do funny shet sometimes just to get payments.
I don't know? Do you trust them? 
Do you go through life assuming people are going to rip you off? Do you put Tippex on oil & air filters? Life must be pretty miserable if you do.

I prefer to assume people and businesses are pretty honest. Most are in reality. 

Would you be happy if every business treated you as if you were going to rob them when you entered a store? Shopping would end up like getting on an international flight where everyone is assumed to be a paid up member of ISIS. 

Chill, pick up & ride the bike. It's Saturday tomorrow.

Yes.
There's a blue paint mark on the end of the new shaft.

-Skip

Archived