Are people happy w AKRO full exhaust?

• Premium Member

2019 Tracer GT w 8800 miles.  Thinking of adding something nice because why the hell not, we're all going to die someday.  Are people happy w the AKRO full exhaust:  steel pipes, titanium exhaust w carbon end cap?

If Yosh still offered the branded full system would prob get that for several hundred less but dont see it anymore.  Reflash for full system is no charge for me...

Thoughts? 

1 hour ago, mikerbiker said:

2019 Tracer GT w 8800 miles.  Thinking of adding something nice because why the hell not, we're all going to die someday.  Are people happy w the AKRO full exhaust:  steel pipes, titanium exhaust w carbon end cap?

If Yosh still offered the branded full system would prob get that for several hundred less but dont see it anymore.  Reflash for full system is no charge for me...

Thoughts? 

I love mine, but quiet, but 3x 10mm holes in the side of the baffle tubes makes a nice noise.

Edited by Buggy Nate

I have the full Akra on mine and love it for its looks and sound.. not too loud and obnoxious. Rather quiet under steady throttle but sings beautifully under hard acceleration and burbles with small pops under deceleration. It's a lot of money but to me I just wanted it and didn't try to justify the cost. It's a quality kit. 

1565067745_ScreenShot2020-05-31at21_09_09.thumb.png.2873d4fbbf6fc3a49f931a0499da831f.png

Edited by mingo
  • Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
On 5/29/2020 at 4:47 PM, mikerbiker said:

2019 Tracer GT w 8800 miles.  Thinking of adding something nice because why the hell not, we're all going to die someday.

Thoughts? 

Since you asked... 😎👍  

$1100...

akrapovic_racing_line_titanium_sy9_r8_he

Born from racing, this stainless steel exhaust system represents the most...

or $800

k_tech_rcu_razor_r_rear_shock.jpg

K-Tech RCU Razor-R Rear Shock offers riders greatly improved adjustability...

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I've got the full Akro, it's better than stock, but not as light as I would have liked. I did not need an ECU flash, but I did eventually get one.

In hindsight, I wish I would have spent the money on suspension. 

• Thumbsup 5

'15 FJ09

16 hours ago, betoney said:

Since you asked... 😎👍  

$1100...

akrapovic_racing_line_titanium_sy9_r8_he

Born from racing, this stainless steel exhaust system represents the most...

or $800

k_tech_rcu_razor_r_rear_shock.jpg

K-Tech RCU Razor-R Rear Shock offers riders greatly improved adjustability...

Go for the suspension if you want a difference you can feel.

• Thumbsup 3

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

Absolutely, suspension > exhaust.  

Exhaust mods are fundamentally cosmetic.  Look and sound.  Sure, you can get a couple extra HP, but it's a trivial gain that's usually not even very usable in normal riding.  This isn't a bad thing!  We all spend lots on way stupider farkles!  But it's cosmetic.

Suspension looks cool but actively improves the handling of the bike.  Function wins.  

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
10 minutes ago, mikerbiker said:

I hear you but total cost front and rear is more like $2000.  I'm not gonna sink that into my bike at this time.

Actually.....

The Razor "Lite" is a few hundred less at only $500, combined with the IDS20 forks @ $900, that's $1400.  

They are just BEGGING to be added to your shopping cart... 😎👍

k_tech20_ids_fork_cartridge_kit.jpg

Are you tired of the limited adjustability of your factory suspension? The...

k_tech_rcu_razor_r_lite_rear_shock.jpg

Unlike your OEM shock, this shock features 3 ways of adjustability enabling...

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, betoney said:

They are just BEGGING to be added to your shopping cart... 😎👍

LMAO over here on that 1 betoney. Just begging.........begging........🤣😈🤣

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

Handling is always more Important than noise.

You'd get permanently banned from **Some Boards** for saying this. You'd have to turn in your leather vest, too. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 3

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

21 minutes ago, maximo said:

You'd get permanently banned from **Some Boards** for saying this. You'd have to turn in your leather vest, too. 

Motorcyclists are different than bikers. I had to school them on it at work too.

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, maximo said:

I'd get to keep my collection of badass skull T-shirts and no fat chicks stickers right?

• Haha 3

He who dies with the most toys wins.