Are people happy w AKRO full exhaust?

I have this one, it had a label on it that said "not for highway use" which went straight into the bin.

Looks good, sounds great (pretty loud) and is a lot lighter than stock. I had to remove the centre stand but that was a minor.

1373817656_IMG_3215(1008x756).thumb.jpg.48f9386b45165c9a766300fbdb3298a2.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

15 hours ago, tktplz said:

Motorcyclists are different than bikers. I had to school them on it at work too.

You mean "motorcyclists are different from bikers". It obviously wasn't English class where you were doing the schooling. 🤦‍♂️

All bikers are motorcyclists by definition.

• Thumbsup 1

26 minutes ago, andz said:

It obviously wasn't English class where you were doing the schooling. 🤦‍♂️

Sweet jeepers, is this really necessary?  Can we keep the banter more lightheartedly? I'd say normally that's a good idea, but especially now with all the tension and unrest, I think it's critical for us all to be a little kinder. 

<<<steps off soapbox>>> 

(also, I threw in the improper use of an adverb just to provide an opportunity to see past a grammar mistake and to simply read the meaning)  LOL 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

14 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

I'd get to keep my collection of badass skull T-shirts and no fat chicks stickers right?

yeah, no one wants someone else's pit-stained T's. As for the stickers, until the quarantine is over, not a single one of us can talk about fat anyone. Not even Albert. 

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

3 hours ago, andz said:

You mean "motorcyclists are different from bikers". It obviously wasn't English class where you were doing the schooling. 🤦‍♂️

All bikers are motorcyclists by definition.

Yes they are...... being a "biker" is a life style, bring on "SOA" with leathers, Harley's etc. where motorcyclists are pretty much normal folks who like to ride motorcycles.  Websters dictionary needs an update for sure. As always YMMV.

Edited by tktplz
  • Thumbsup 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

11 minutes ago, tktplz said:

Yes they are...... being a "biker" is a life style, bring on "SOA" with leathers, Harley's etc. where motorcyclists are pretty much normal folks who like to ride motorcycles.  Websters dictionary needs an update for sure. As always YMMV.

I'm a normal person, I live a regular life, I have a wife, cars, cats.... I also ride for an MC, wear a patch and attend rallies but I don't ride a Harley or carry a gun, do drugs or have a beard. I think it is more the public perception that needs updating rather than the dictionary.

I apologise to everyone for taking this thread off topic with a harmless grammar comment, I didn't realise how uptight some people are. Yes that is "apologise" and "realise" spelled the proper way with an S and not a Z.

Oh, and it is Harleys and Webster's. Peace out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hmm. Slightly off thread now people. Please keep on topic to avoid having it locked.

• Thumbsup 2

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Kind of a silly question to ask. If anyone spends that kind of money on a show pipe they will not say they don’t like it. It’s very expensive and nets a few horsepower so it has to be only for the sound or looks. Heck just get to your correct BMI and it would achieve better results as far as power goes, even Albert knows that. Also, no riding fat bottom girls, they really don’t make the world go round 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Toddtr said:

Kind of a silly question to ask. If anyone spends that kind of money on a show pipe they will not say they don’t like it. It’s very expensive and nets a few horsepower so it has to be only for the sound or looks. Heck just get to your correct BMI and it would achieve better results as far as power goes, even Albert knows that. Also, no riding fat bottom girls, they really don’t make the world go round 

I spent the money. I don't like it. :P

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ09

I got my akro second hand for a decent price... if I were to spend the money on a brand new system.... I would go with the graves or yoshi.

I really like the look (carbon model) and I also actually like the fact that it isn't loud. The only negative opinion I have about the Akro is how far the headers stick out to the front as compared to the stock and other aftermarket headers.

If you want a loud exhaust and are sold on akro... get the "ti" version as the baffle is much easier to remove than the carbon version.

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I went with full ti exhaust. Sound is great under throttle, and won't wake the neighbours at 05:00.

I agree. Suspension over exhaust.

But, if you're doing exhaust, pay once/cry once and get what you want.

• Thumbsup 2
Cheers!

On 6/1/2020 at 9:07 AM, mingo said:

I have the full Akra on mine and love it for its looks and sound.. not too loud and obnoxious. Rather quiet under steady throttle but sings beautifully under hard acceleration and burbles with small pops under deceleration. It's a lot of money but to me I just wanted it and didn't try to justify the cost. It's a quality kit. 

1565067745_ScreenShot2020-05-31at21_09_09.thumb.png.2873d4fbbf6fc3a49f931a0499da831f.png

Hi Mingo, noticed in your photo that you have your bike on the centre stand which is then on a dolly/trolley. This would allow manoeuvrability etc. The bit I'm curious about is how do you drive your bike's front wheel over it in the first instance, are the dolly wheels locked, is the belly of the dolly on the ground when you ride over and then raised before the centre stand is lowered etc. Also; where can you get these from and how much do they cost? Can I get one in Australia? Thanks.

I place the bike on the side stand, then slide the center stand dolly under the bike and deploy the center stand. The front wheel doesn't roll over it. The dolly has a clearance of about 3mm off the ground. I've had this one for over 20 years, so I don't recall what I paid for it, but you should be able to find one in Australia. just do a google search. 

• Thumbsup 1