Are people happy w AKRO full exhaust?

2 hours ago, Toddtr said:

Can I ask how much you have in your bike now as far as upgrades? If and when you sell it do you think you will recover any of those expenses? 

I just sold my Fazer and when I reviewed the replacement price of the extras I had sold the bike for nothing.

So no, you don't recover extras.

• Thumbsup 2

2 hours ago, Toddtr said:

Can I ask how much you have in your bike now as far as upgrades? If and when you sell it do you think you will recover any of those expenses? 

I didn't really keep close track of it as I don't care too much about what I spend on "upgrades". Traction Dynamics front end and Penske rear shock $1800?, exhaust and flash about $1200 and other small items, engine protection, handlebars and controls. Probably in the area of $3400 total. But I like adding to the bike to suit me. I have almost 23,000 miles on it now and have 4 other bikes that I ride (Concours 14, Gold Wing, SV650 and DRZ400). The GT is my favorite though. Don't think I'll recover much if any of the extras unless I sell them separately.

Edited by RandyN
  • Thumbsup 4

16 hours ago, RandyN said:

I didn't really keep close track of it as I don't care too much about what I spend on "upgrades". Traction Dynamics front end and Penske rear shock $1800?, exhaust and flash about $1200 and other small items, engine protection, handlebars and controls. Probably in the area of $3400 total. But I like adding to the bike to suit me. I have almost 23,000 miles on it now and have 4 other bikes that I ride (Concours 14, Gold Wing, SV650 and DRZ400). The GT is my favorite though. Don't think I'll recover much if any of the extras unless I sell them separately.

That's a pretty sweet build! 

'15 FJ09

On 6/10/2020 at 8:55 AM, betoney said:

I understand your POV and completely see where you are coming from but I see it differently...  In my case my bikes are for recreation and I want them to suit my wants and needs 100% - regardless of the cost.  I could have bought a different bike to start with but for me that would probably be a $20-$23K BMW or Ducati + the cost of ownership and then I would still want to personalize it. 

In the past 30 years, I have never kept a bike stock, I could understand if I was wasting money on useless carbon fiber or billet aluminum "bling" but I have always modified them with suspension, seats, handlebars, tires etc. - functional, useful upgrades.  I have never considered resale value and could care less what its worth in 8-10 years - did it put a smile on my face while I owned it?.  I read a lot of forums where people argue "The bike was only $9k, why would I spend $1500-$2000 in suspension or $600 on a custom built seat?"  My reply would be - regardless if its a budget bike or a high dollar premium bike, make it the best you can so you enjoy it.

Hell, even if you're spending money on totally pointless bling.

I'm 100% behind Farkle Addition even if it's just cosmetic.  Like your bellypan; I'm definitely gonna buy one at some point! - I just like to highlight in the case of exhaust changes in particular it's nearly always ultimately a cosmetic upgrade, and in my particular case when the smoke cleared I could have had an MT09 for the price of the MT07+exhaust+[unnecessary, in retrospect]airbox+tune, so a much better path if performance was the goal would have simply being going that way.  On the other hand, if I just wanted the cool look and sound, well, there ya go.

22 hours ago, RandyN said:

hah yeah; the Farkle Fun ends up being mostly a hobby in and of itself :)

Edited by Wintersdark
  • Thumbsup 4