Question about bar ends

So I bought some cheap amazon bar ends and there is a 5/8" gap on the throttle side and a 1/8" gap on the clutch side. The bar ends are identical to each other so why the difference? Also they look terrible with the huge gap 

Have any of you had this happen? If so how did you fix it? I work in a sheetmetal shop with access to machinists that could modify them to fit better but I wanted to make sure there isn't a simple adjustment I can do on the bike. 

5 minutes ago, kilo3 said:

That's the way it is. If it really bothers you, you can grind off the detents on the throttle tube holder and the brake perch and slide it over.

If that's the case I will just have the machine shop where I work put it in the lathe and mill the shoulder on the bar ends back to reduce the gaps. 

21 minutes ago, Zach26 said:

If that's the case I will just have the machine shop where I work put it in the lathe and mill the shoulder on the bar ends back to reduce the gaps. 

Mine looked like that till I put OEM heated grips on my 2015. I had it work out perfect with the OEM heated grips. 

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

Thanks for the responses. I changed my mind and decided to just grind the detent off of the throttle tube. It looks much better now. I just wasn't sure if I had overlooked something since I had never seen the difference in gap size discussed anywhere.