Sign in to follow this  
MadisonFJ09

Hello from Wisconsin

I just picked up a new to me, used low mileage 2015 red FJ 09 (4,300 miles). I have already found this forum very valuable.  The bike came with a Madstad Windshield, and the Yamaha rear rack with an aftermarket top case.  I just found a set of used FJR side cases (wrong color and scuffed up).  Looking forward to enjoying this forum.

Thanks in advance!

• Thumbsup 1

7 minutes ago, MadisonFJ09 said:

I just picked up a new to me, used low mileage 2015 red FJ 09 (4,300 miles). I have already found this forum very valuable.  The bike came with a Madstad Windshield, and the Yamaha rear rack with an aftermarket top case.  I just found a set of used FJR side cases (wrong color and scuffed up).  Looking forward to enjoying this forum.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome, - get a radiator guard and enjoy the bike!  Collectively, we have identified all of the quirks and shortcomings with the bike and can usually provide a solution if you have questions.

• Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Ve com from Visconson width all are brats and beer! Welcome from vikings territory.

Congratulations on your new FJ-09. You got the best color the FJ was ever offered in, ride safe!

He who dies with the most toys wins.

1 hour ago, MadisonFJ09 said:

I just found a set of used FJR side cases (wrong color and scuffed up).

Welcome from Madison! I bought crashed FJR lids off Ebay. I sanded, filled scratches, and sprayed with Rustoleum spray can bed liner. Turned out great and the finish and texture is pretty darn close to the OEM Yamaha cases.

• Thumbsup 1

20 hours ago, kmev said:

Welcome from Madison! I bought crashed FJR lids off Ebay. I sanded, filled scratches, and sprayed with Rustoleum spray can bed liner. Turned out great and the finish and texture is pretty darn close to the OEM Yamaha cases.

Any chance you can post a photo?  Thanks

Welcome! My son lives in Madison and works at Epic. I've visited a couple of times, nice town. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MadisonFJ09 said:

Any chance you can post a photo?  Thanks

Sure...One lid was purple, the other blue. 

20190613_152201.jpg

20190610_150917.jpg

Edited by kmev
  • Like 1

Found a pic of when I was working on the lids - I guess it was purple and silver (not blue). I taped off all the trim and reflectors  - I did not remove anything. I sanded the chrome trim and sprayed it. It's holding up well, and if it doesn't, its just a cheap and quick respray. These bags are big - you will hit and scuff them, so this is a great alternative to a $$$ paint jobs that would get dinged or scratched eventually. 

20181211_191958.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1