Got my Tenere 700 today

Cruizin

On 6/5/2020 at 2:10 PM, roadrash83 said:

You got to  remember the old  KLR650 has probably been around longer than you have. It's kind of like the old WW2 Willys Jeep. The KLR isn't fast or as light as more modern adventure bikes. But in the right hands with the proper tire"s can do some amazing things and is one of the choice bikes for third world tours because of it's simplicity.

KLR was and is a great dual sport bike. There is such thing as "too much" power when riding a big bike offroad. The KLR has hundreds of thousands of loyal riders all over the world. 

I expect Kawasaki to surprise us all with a new KLR soon, and it will probably be an amazing bike. 

• Thumbsup 1

On 6/5/2020 at 7:02 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

I've read a few test reviews and people really like it what was it out the door?

With sales tax and everything the dealer charges, it was $11,235 OTD total. Sales tax was a bunch of it. 

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, Buggy Nate said:

Kawasaki should take a note from Yamaha and put the Er650 motor in  adv bike. It is a nice punchy motor.

A ground up purpose-built adventure-ish bike with their 650 P2 motor would be great.  Even if they just updated the Versys 650 and offered a separate street and 'adventure' version, it would be a nice bike.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, betoney said:

A ground up purpose-built adventure-ish bike with their 650 P2 motor would be great.  Even if they just updated the Versys 650 and offered a separate street and 'adventure' version, it would be a nice bike.

I'm really surprised they don't. The Versys has already got the ergo's of an adventure bike. Some spoke wheels and revalved suspension and BAM, ADV bike. 

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
28 minutes ago, koth442 said:

I'm really surprised they don't. The Versys has already got the ergo's of an adventure bike. Some spoke wheels and revalved suspension and BAM, ADV bike. 

I would like to see Honda do the same, an upscale version of their 500x, maybe make a 700-800cc purpose built mini Africa Twin?                     Just thinking out loud... 🤷‍♀️

CB500X

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

I watched that review just last night; really interesting notes on the drive geometry and suspension.  Had no clue the placement of the drive sprocket would make such a massive difference.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• 1 month later...