Got my Tenere 700 today

Cruizin

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, bamarider said:

Yea, would like to see an update. I would love have one myself, but no one in my area has one yet.

I wonder if it is a regional thing?  I have read a lot of bike forums and people say the same as you that their dealer hasn't received any.  On the West Coast dealers have had them since June, my local dealer says they cant keep them in stock and they sell as many as they order, the sales girl said it has been their #1 seller all summer.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

3 hours ago, betoney said:

I wonder if it is a regional thing?  I have read a lot of bike forums and people say the same as you that their dealer hasn't received any.  On the West Coast dealers have had them since June, my local dealer says they cant keep them in stock and they sell as many as they order, the sales girl said it has been their #1 seller all summer.

I checked a couple dealers last month, 1 here in Al. & 1 in Ms. with no luck. The dealer in Ms. is  large dealer. Guess their all getting sold before they can make it to the southeast..

On 6/5/2020 at 2:15 PM, keithu said:

Obviously the performance will be way beyond the KLR. But I wonder if people might buy the T7 to do the same things they did with KLRs, i.e. long adventures on mixed pavement and gravel, but without all the mass, complexity, and expense of a big ADV like the R1250GS.

Your spot on in my reckoning Keithu. Think there's a big move away from heavy 1200's adv's and tourers thanks to the new Yamaha's. No need for a trail bike myself, but after an impromptu test ride,  road only, I want one. Just felt so at home with it, punchy round the back roads without being a handful, couldn't keep off it. Felt like I would be just as happy touring on it. A real surprise. On the same theme, I think a guy in uk just went round the world on a Ducati scrambler 900, more miles and less time than the BM's of Charlie and Ewan. 

On 6/29/2020 at 5:48 PM, knyte said:

I watched that review just last night; really interesting notes on the drive geometry and suspension.  Had no clue the placement of the drive sprocket would make such a massive difference.

The only reviewer I've seen who figured that out. Great camera work and in depth knowledge. How refreshing. 

• Thumbsup 3