New owner

LizN

Well I joined a couple of days ago with a need for reassurance. Got really helpful responses. So that prompted me to do a test drive. And here we are. After 20 years with my beloved FJRs I have taken the leap and got Icon black on order. Well. Make that 2. One for MrLiz too. From the Netherlands. Usually spend our summers pootling down through southern Europe. Taking in the picos, pyrenees etc. Probably staying closer to home this year. Y'all know why. But still, will take the opportunity to explore my adopted country a little more closely. (former Brit, now Dutch. For reasons y'all know). Anyhow. Just wanted to say thanks. Am finding discussions really helpful and still a teensy bit shell shocked that something came along to replace my FJR.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 4

Well LizN, I'm not surprised that you were shocked that something came along to replace your FJR. I was exactly in the same situation when I replaced my Super Tenere last Summer. The S10 was proving to be too heavy for me. When I got the Tracer 900 GT the comparison was a Humvee vs. BMW. After a few months I was really blessing the Tracer and I have no regrets.

• Thumbsup 1

Welcome aboard! I too had an FJR and downsized to a SuperTenere for a few years and now I'm on 900GT without giving up the power band, it has a lot of power and without the weight penalty. 

Let's see your hers and his Tracers! 

• Thumbsup 1

Hello Liz,

I traded an St 1300 for my little FJ 09 and am very happy.

Going  light is right!  750 lbs to 465 is wonderful.

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09