Sign in to follow this  
Michiel900GT

Unidentified Remaining Part

Yesterday I did a tour of 410 kilometers and just 3 kilometers before I would be home I was caught by a massive cloud burst. And when I say massive, I really mean massive. Cars on the highway stopped, water height was as high a my engine and it became dark as if it was night.

So when I came home I was soaked. And later that day my brand new bike really was in need of some thorough cleaning. After cleaning I found this part on the floor. It's about 2,5 cm wide, but I can't trace it back to where it came from. Does anyone know where this belongs?

20200615_093403.jpg

20200615_093505.jpg

Looks like it's a rubber stop for the seat. Take the seat off and take a look as there is more than one

• Thumbsup 1

Maybe a shipping protector or an item to protect another during assembly. Could have also floated on from the flood you in countered 

3 hours ago, bugie said:

Looks like it's a rubber stop for the seat. Take the seat off and take a look as there is more than one

Good idea. I checked it just now, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to belong there.

2 hours ago, Toddtr said:

Maybe a shipping protector or an item to protect another during assembly. Could have also floated on from the flood you in countered 

That last remark could indeed be the case. But I always get a bit nervous when bits/parts are just coming off (or seem to do so).

I don't recall seeing anything like that on my FJ-09, but I've seen bumpers like this installed on fuel tank seams. They prevent the metal seam from resting directly on a frame rail. Maybe check around the seam of your fuel tank.

2 hours ago, keithu said:

I don't recall seeing anything like that on my FJ-09, but I've seen bumpers like this installed on fuel tank seams. They prevent the metal seam from resting directly on a frame rail. Maybe check around the seam of your fuel tank.

This is what I was thinking...  I'm about to go inspect mine..

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

16 minutes ago, duhs10 said:

This is what I was thinking...  I'm about to go inspect mine..

Please let me know!

I'll take a photo when I get chance. It's from under riders seat. Sits over sharp edge, left side and sits along the bike. Hard to explain.  Mines fell off a few times. Think it would be quite happy in the bin.

• Thumbsup 2

@Michiel900GT - I found this under the front left corner of the passenger seat.  I'm not sure it does much besides cover a sharp edge as I couldn't find any marks on the underside of the seat where it made contact.  🤷‍♀️

image.thumb.png.27340e4648010255b2af5f5e5b122937.png

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, betoney said:

@Michiel900GT - I found this under the front left corner of the passenger seat.  I'm not sure it does much besides cover a sharp edge as I couldn't find any marks on the underside of the seat where it made contact.  🤷‍♀️

image.thumb.png.27340e4648010255b2af5f5e5b122937.png

That's one of the reasons I love this forum. Thanks mate!

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 2

Had a look at this today. It does nothing but cover sharp edge. When seats are on, nothing sits on it. It's easy to catch it when removing riders seat.

20200617_131920.jpg

20200617_131528.jpg

20200617_131813.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

4 hours ago, Dodgy Knees said:

20200617_131813.jpg

@Dodgy Knees, some ACF50 on the alloy will help with that oxidation on your seat lock support. 

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...