First ride on my new (to me) 2015 Tracer 900

Stew

I mean, really. All I can say is Wow, what a brilliant bike.

Out in glorious sunshine, ended up exploring all over the place , no idea where I was a lot of the time.

Brand new tyres, so having to scrub them in,  stopped to take a couple of photos of the bike.

And it CHUCKED it down, it was hammering back up off the road. Hahahaha, I was soaked to the skin in about 5 minutes, although the protection on my body and arms and hands was awesome, my legs got soaked clean through to my skivvies. Lovely, you all probably know that delight.

THen the sun blasted out again, and I rode home on more familiar roads , really starting to get the feel of it.

I needn't tell you all about how amazing the bike is to ride, suffice to say, I am exhilerated and tingling with the sheer joy of being out playing on it.

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

Believe it or not, I got a pair of those delivered last week, and was so impressed with them I ordered the overjacket as well. It was such glorious weather here that I thought, nah, won't need them :)
You'd think I'd know better, it is Scotland after all.

Anyway, it let me know how planted the bike felt riding in rivers, even with the dreaded brand new tyres.
THanks though.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
11 minutes ago, Stew said:

Believe it or not, I got a pair of those delivered last week, and was so impressed with them I ordered the overjacket as well. It was such glorious weather here that I thought, nah, won't need them :)
You'd think I'd know better, it is Scotland after all.

Anyway, it let me know how planted the bike felt riding in rivers, even with the dreaded brand new tyres.
THanks though.

It might sound silly but I carry a spare pair of ice fishing gloves with my rain gear.  I have the quick over pants and jacket like you mentioned.  I have been through some horrific down pours into very cold temperatures and these gloves are nice to carry along.

They wont protect you much in a low side crash but I just use them to get through the storm and then switch gloves.

813BK.2018__30524.1495570927.500.750.jpg

Best Selling Neoprene Waterproof for Cold Weather Ice Bay Glove by...

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Nice looking in all black @Stew. I see rad guard, led indicators, screen, beak and driving lights? Any other mods?

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

2 hours ago, BBB said:

Nice looking in all black @Stew. I see rad guard, led indicators, screen, beak and driving lights? Any other mods?

Heated grips, crash bars, front fender extender and a rear rack. And I think there are mirror extenders on it as well, I'd need to have a look more closely at a completely stock bike.
It rides brilliantly, It absolutely brought back the sheer joy of riding a bike, I'd got a bit too used to just riding a bike. I was a bit rubbish on the bends, thanks to no idea what gear was best and brand new tyres, but the bike didn't mind.  I was repeatedly looking at that wee gear indicator, and realising I was taking bends in 4th and 5th.
Only opened it up a couple of times, and you may have heard my whoops of joy from your area if you listened hard.

If there are any bits that you or anyone else would recommend, please let me know, although I was trying to find fault, I failed.

• Thumbsup 1

This engine likes to be revved. Average UK riding is in 3rd or 4th unless I’m on a dual carriageway or motorway.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Aye, I realised that after a while. It just constantly wants to go as well, like it is saying 'come on you, lets get on with it'

I love it.

• Like 1

I remember being quite easy and gentle on the throttle for the first few days getting used to the bike (probably in B mode) The first time I really went for it in an overtake was amazing I think I went from 50 to over 100 without any effort and certainly much quicker than the CBF 1000 I had just changed from. Fantastic bike, Love mine too

• Thumbsup 1

I used to ride big sportsbikes, but I dunno, there's smething about the way the power comes in on this bike that thrills me more than my in line 4's ever did, and compared to my tired old vstrom 650 it's insane , hahaha, it's ages since I was looking out the window at 9:40 pm thinking, should I just go out for another wee quick run :)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Can someone tell me,  do these bikes have a slipper clutch.

My understanding was that every thing from 2017 on had a slipper clutch as standard. My Bike was registered in April 17 but I am not sure if it came fitted with one or was an earlier model . Clutch is very light in action.