• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Need a chain.

endz2end

On 6/24/2020 at 10:07 AM, captainscarlet said:

That is very interesting that more of us have had the same issue.  The D.I.D fitted to our bikes from the factory is the V0 model which according to the following page is their base model o-ring chain for road bikes.

Looks like our standard chains have built in obsolescence!

CS

Yeah; just like tires, the stock chains on bikes tend to be a little worse than the exact same model available as aftermarket.  Cost savings when manufacturing in bulk.  The Tracer's stock chain isn't terrible, but it's not great either.

On 10/9/2020 at 8:10 AM, Ride365 said:

I plan on installing my Tuturo oiler system on my new GT, you get insane mileage out of chains/sprockets with these oilers. I find mine no more messy than any spray lube, plus all I EVER do is wipe the chain down on occasion with a rag.

Yup.  I absolutely love my Tuturo oiler; it's seen around 12,000 kms/7500 miles use on my stock chain (of 14,000kms) which is still in very good condition.  I wasn't positive if I'd really be happy with it or not, as I'd never used an automatic oiler before, but it's been a godsend.  I haven't cleaned or lubed my chain in all that time, and it's still looking clean and rust free.  

• Thumbsup 1