looking for a good windshield

Deank91

• Supporting Member

There are a lot of opinions on windshields and the solution is VERY subjective, even for riders of the exact same size.  There is no "what works best?", only "what works for me".   Here are over 2,000 posts to read through. 

https://www.tracer900.net/forum/38-fj-09-windshields/

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I recently picked up a MRA Varioscreen VT and I've been really happy with it.  I'd haul the bike out for a picture but I just had surgery a couple of days ago so have to take it easy for a couple of weeks.  It looks great and works really well for me.  I'm 5'9" and I found the stock screen abusive.

I've not found anything. It's either buffeting or roaring wind noise whatever screen I've tried. Currently on a modded lowered MRA sport for summer, and a mid National v stream for winter. V stream is very good quality though, and would be my pick of all I've tried. Worst was stock.  Both my naked and sports bike are way quieter, both have wind noise but less roar. Any upright bike with the shield a distance away from rider will suffer from turbulence, no matter what the manufacturers clouring in book of air stream simulations show.  

I have a tall puig screen on mine, and can ride with my visor up with no wind on my face at all. I'm 6ft. I couldn't say about noise, as I have never ridden one with the std screen. (on and it's a 2015 tracer, not a gt.

• 1 month later...

I have the puig touring screen on mine and find it a vast improvement on the hopeless original stock screen they inflicted the mark 1 Tracer with and as Stew has mentioned above in town I can flip the visor up and don't feel any windblast. at 6' I feel that in the rain I have to sit up straighter and stretch into the wind to clear the visor of rain drops. My friend has a MRA vario screen on his and he feels that this is a little short for himself and has just ordered a yamaha touring screen for his GT to try it out. He is about 6' as well. If the touring screen suits him you might see him selling the MRA version on and only being 20 odd miles away it might give you a chance to try before you buy. if he decides to sell it on.

• Thumbsup 1

6 minutes ago, HGP61 said:

I have the puig touring screen on mine and find it a vast improvement on the hopeless original stock screen they inflicted the mark 1 Tracer with and as Stew has mentioned above in town I can flip the visor up and don't feel any windblast. at 6' I feel that in the rain I have to sit up straighter and stretch into the wind to clear the visor of rain drops. My friend has a MRA vario screen on his and he feels that this is a little short for himself and has just ordered a yamaha touring screen for his GT to try it out. He is about 6' as well. If the touring screen suits him you might see him selling the MRA version on and only being 20 odd miles away it might give you a chance to try before you buy. if he decides to sell it on.

I pop my head out to the left or right of the screen for a second, and the raindrops blow off to the side brilliantly.

1 minute ago, Stew said:

I pop my head out to the left or right of the screen for a second, and the raindrops blow off to the side brilliantly.

I'll give that a go next time it's raining (might help me to get a knee down at the same time) 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2020 at 10:56 AM, bamarider said:

I've had my CalSic for several months now and am liking it a lot. I don't remember the size, went with their recommendation.

Me too, I really like CalSci products. 

'15 FJ09