Cruise control light flashing

Hi just got back from a short ride and was using cruise control without any problems then all of a sudden the cruise control light started flashing and cruise control would not work,anyway I needed some petrol so stoped to fill up,started bike again and all was back to normal very strange anyone else had similar problem? 

Regards graham

Have not experienced this with my cruise control.  I would not be too concerned about it unless it happens again.

• Thumbsup 1

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Premium Member

I have occasionally had the same thing happen.  Turning the ignition switch off and on again resets it.  I have no idea what the problem was.

• Thumbsup 1

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

1 hour ago, duhg said:

I have occasionally had the same thing happen.  Turning the ignition switch off and on again resets it.  I have no idea what the problem was.

This is the answer to most modern electronic failures. 👍

• Thumbsup 5

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Dodgy Knees said:

This is the answer to most modern electronic failures. 👍

Absolutely, when in doubt, power cycle the device.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

13 minutes ago, betoney said:

Absolutely, when in doubt, power cycle the device.

had to do this when the power windows in my jeep stopped working. shutting it off and starting it back up made them work fine again. like a glitch in the matrix.

Edited by trevinator
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

I work in IT and literally have this on a t-shirt

24e4d0e6cd6c07390bd6527a3aca8f9c295e9831.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 3

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

Happens to me as well fairly often. Sometimes the power cycle trick works, sometimes not. My research on an FZ10 forum,

where the same problem exists, some people have said that it's the switch assembly in the front brake. 

• Thumbsup 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have had it happen to me several times as well.  It always seems to happen right when I start a long stretch and do not want to have to take the time to pull off and cycle through the power.  For something that was invented in 1948, you'd think they'd have it figured out by now.  Especially Yamaha.  I'm still under warranty so I'll mention it the next time I'm in for service and post an update if I learn anything new.

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, Cornersruns said:

You also need Roy's T-Shirt from this image - RTFM

😄 SO true 👍

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 weeks later...

I just went through this my GT. Turned out the front brake light switch would stick on and cruise won't work and light flashes. Turn off bike restart and its fine tell the switch sticks again.

To trouble shoot this i put a wire tie around the switch to hold the plunger in for two weeks and it never acted up, then slid the wire tie down so the switch would work and it started doing it again. Ordered a new switch from Partzilla $66.00 and change and shipping.

True your brake light won't come on when using the front brake but still have foot brake to light it up.

I chased this problem for six weeks. Seems that when the module sees brake light on and the bike is not slowing it disables the cruise untell the bike is turned off and restarted.

Hope that helps.

Also you can try key on engine off working the front brake lever and watch the brake light if it stays on at all after releasing the lever its bad.

Rob out.

• Thumbsup 6