Cruise control light flashing

• Premium Member
On 1/29/2021 at 9:17 AM, roy826 said:

My recall letter is in todays mail listing.

Mine is scheduled to arrive today. The dealer was just telling me yesterday that he already has my part on order. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I pick mine back up tomorrow. Dealer hooked me up and went ahead and ordered the part and was told this morning that the recall has been taken care of and is ready to rock. 

Mine blinked while riding and i had the CC on. When i reached the stoplight, i looked down and noticed it blinking.

Long story short. i turned off the bike and on and the CC light stopped blinking. Awaiting the recall for now i guess.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, quaxum said:

Mine blinked while riding and i had the CC on. When i reached the stoplight, i looked down and noticed it blinking.

Long story short. i turned off the bike and on and the CC light stopped blinking. Awaiting the recall for now i guess.

Mine did the same thing but when I started it up again and turned the cruise back on it continued blinking. My recall has been done but I haven’t had a chance to ride it and test it yet. 

• Premium Member

I took mine out for a quick 40 mile ride last night and all works as it should. I was worried the dealer wouldn’t get the brake lever firm enough after the fix but damn, they did a bang up job. Couldn’t be happier with it. 

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, 3sum said:

I took mine out for a quick 40 mile ride last night and all works as it should. I was worried the dealer wouldn’t get the brake lever firm enough after the fix but damn, they did a bang up job. Couldn’t be happier with it. 

Glad you’re happy and they took care of you. 
just a heads up for anyone else reading this thread - the front brake switch is external. It’s mounted to the underside of the front master cylinder lever pivot with one philips head screw.

No need to worry about spilling/bleeding brakes. 
hardest part is fishing the lengthy wire and connector through all the nutty bends, brackets, and clamps down to the RH side where it connects with the main harness. Why they did it that way.... WTFK?

-Skip

Edited by skipperT
  • Thumbsup 4

• 2 weeks later...

Dealer relpaced my switch today, he said about an hour when I booked in, 45mins after I arrived I left, I said that was quick! He said we've had a lot of practice😑

Asked if it was the same switch as S10, he said yes, funny that because I have a vague memory of cc light flashing on S10 a couple of times!

• Thumbsup 1

• 4 months later...

I also had problem with ceuise control until yesterday. It wasn’t problem to turn it on, but I couldn’t set speed and if it was succesed, it could disengage by himself after 100m or 2-3km. Tryed to adjust rear brake swich, disassembled and cleaned front brake swich (there is nothing to clean:)). Found some topics in internet that problem can be in sticking front brake swich and allmost ordered new one, but wanted to check everything once again. And I foun a problem: mu cluch cable was too loose and cluch handle didn’t come back to its normal position, so cruise control sensor was in disengaged position almost all the time. 

PS  all swiches has two clicks - first for cruise disengaging, second for brake light or to say to ECU that cluch disengaged. 

PPS  sorry for my english, but in my opinion this is helpfull info

• Thumbsup 4

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
On 6/27/2021 at 7:01 AM, Deniss said:

I also had problem with ceuise control until yesterday. It wasn’t problem to turn it on, but I couldn’t set speed and if it was succesed, it could disengage by himself after 100m or 2-3km. Tryed to adjust rear brake swich, disassembled and cleaned front brake swich (there is nothing to clean:)). Found some topics in internet that problem can be in sticking front brake swich and allmost ordered new one, but wanted to check everything once again. And I foun a problem: mu cluch cable was too loose and cluch handle didn’t come back to its normal position, so cruise control sensor was in disengaged position almost all the time. 

PS  all swiches has two clicks - first for cruise disengaging, second for brake light or to say to ECU that cluch disengaged. 

PPS  sorry for my english, but in my opinion this is helpfull info

So I just took mine for a ride yesterday after changing the chain and both sprockets (I also changed both tires too).  My cruise control did the exact same thing.  The first time I set it it held for about 5 seconds or so and then disengaged itself.  I set it again about 4-5 more times and each time it would disengage about 1-2 seconds after that.  After I reached my destination, the bike sat for about 2 1/2 hours.  On the way home, I tried again and it again held for about 5 seconds and disengaged.  I tried one more time and it disengaged after 1-2 seconds.

I can't figure out what has caused this.  I will say that I went down one tooth on the countershaft sprocket and immediately upon riding away from the house, felt like the bike was "dragging" (for lack of a better word) under acceleration. I can't imagine that going down one tooth would do this because I've done it on a bunch of bikes before and never had this feeling.

10 minutes ago, 3sum said:

So I just took mine for a ride yesterday after changing the chain and both sprockets (I also changed both tires too).  My cruise control did the exact same thing.  The first time I set it it held for about 5 seconds or so and then disengaged itself.  I set it again about 4-5 more times and each time it would disengage about 1-2 seconds after that.  After I reached my destination, the bike sat for about 2 1/2 hours.  On the way home, I tried again and it again held for about 5 seconds and disengaged.  I tried one more time and it disengaged after 1-2 seconds.

I can't figure out what has caused this.  I will say that I went down one tooth on the countershaft sprocket and immediately upon riding away from the house, felt like the bike was "dragging" (for lack of a better word) under acceleration. I can't imagine that going down one tooth would do this because I've done it on a bunch of bikes before and never had this feeling.

Hello 3sum!

Try to check your cluch cable, maybe it is too loose. Or rear brake swich - it can be too tight if you made any adjustments to brake lever. Try to remember what changes and adjustments have you made before this issue started, most probably you will solve the problem! 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Deniss said:

Hello 3sum!

Try to check your cluch cable, maybe it is too loose. Or rear brake swich - it can be too tight if you made any adjustments to brake lever. Try to remember what changes and adjustments have you made before this issue started, most probably you will solve the problem! 

I saw what you had posted that I quoted.  I'll check those, but I haven't adjusted anything in the clutch or brake switch.  Thanks.