Cruise control light flashing

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, 3sum said:

So I just took mine for a ride yesterday after changing the chain and both sprockets (I also changed both tires too).  My cruise control did the exact same thing.  The first time I set it it held for about 5 seconds or so and then disengaged itself.  I set it again about 4-5 more times and each time it would disengage about 1-2 seconds after that.  After I reached my destination, the bike sat for about 2 1/2 hours.  On the way home, I tried again and it again held for about 5 seconds and disengaged.  I tried one more time and it disengaged after 1-2 seconds.

I can't figure out what has caused this.  I will say that I went down one tooth on the countershaft sprocket and immediately upon riding away from the house, felt like the bike was "dragging" (for lack of a better word) under acceleration. I can't imagine that going down one tooth would do this because I've done it on a bunch of bikes before and never had this feeling.

Is there a chance you might have damaged a wheel speed sensor and that is causing your problem? 

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

Is there a chance you might have damaged a wheel speed sensor and that is causing your problem? 

I guess there's always that chance, but the CEL hasn't come on and the on/off light for the cruise control is solid and not blinking.  Like I mentioned above, since putting on the -1 tooth up front, it feels like the bike is dragging.  I'm going to remove the front wheel again and reinstall it possibly today.  When I spin the front wheel, it seems as though there's a little bit more resistance from the rotors/pad friction in both sound and feel than I remember from before.

• 6 months later...
  • Supporting Member

My cruise control acted intermittently during my last ride, and now the cruise control light is flashing. This is on my 2019 Niken GT.  Seems similar to what Tracer owners are saying, only that I had my recall brake switch already performed in January. But this was my first ride after the  recall work was done. Will check my rear brake and front brakes to set of something is sticking there. 

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• 2 months later...

Huh, so this just started on my 900GT...  I haven't tried using cruise since having the recall on the front switch done... and now it has issues.    Not great...