Cruise control light flashing

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, 3sum said:

So I just took mine for a ride yesterday after changing the chain and both sprockets (I also changed both tires too).  My cruise control did the exact same thing.  The first time I set it it held for about 5 seconds or so and then disengaged itself.  I set it again about 4-5 more times and each time it would disengage about 1-2 seconds after that.  After I reached my destination, the bike sat for about 2 1/2 hours.  On the way home, I tried again and it again held for about 5 seconds and disengaged.  I tried one more time and it disengaged after 1-2 seconds.

I can't figure out what has caused this.  I will say that I went down one tooth on the countershaft sprocket and immediately upon riding away from the house, felt like the bike was "dragging" (for lack of a better word) under acceleration. I can't imagine that going down one tooth would do this because I've done it on a bunch of bikes before and never had this feeling.

Is there a chance you might have damaged a wheel speed sensor and that is causing your problem? 

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

Is there a chance you might have damaged a wheel speed sensor and that is causing your problem? 

I guess there's always that chance, but the CEL hasn't come on and the on/off light for the cruise control is solid and not blinking.  Like I mentioned above, since putting on the -1 tooth up front, it feels like the bike is dragging.  I'm going to remove the front wheel again and reinstall it possibly today.  When I spin the front wheel, it seems as though there's a little bit more resistance from the rotors/pad friction in both sound and feel than I remember from before.