Whose up for some rides...

duckie

I live in the Bay Area of California.Being retired, I do alot of day rides, short ones and long ones. Looking for others that want to day  rides.

Here is a idea of the roads I ride: 84, 9, Page Mill, Moody, 35, Stage Road, Pescadaro, Gazo Creek, Jamesion Creek, Mines, Del Porte, 130, 25, 1, and a few more.

I"m planing a Pass Ride in the Sierra real soon like this week or next . The route is 108, 395,89,4 ....a good 450 mile day. I did it last year and the GT was made for these types of roads.

So, anyone thats up for some rides....post up.

What a great loop! I'm up in Chico, so when I do that I stretch it out over a two day ride and bag a couple more passes.  Put up a RR when you're done. I'm interested in how the passes are with more people vacationing closer to home this year. 

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

There are some great roads up there. Many years ago, I did a 36, 1,299,96, 3 loop. Its on my list to do sometime this summer.

If do the Three pass ride, it will be during the week. Im guessing not much traffic then, and besides its easy to get around traffic.......what double yellow....

Just got fresh rubber and gonna do a shake down ride, then pick the day to go.

Be nice if some other Tracer owners would join in. It a long day time wise..but when I did it last year on my GT, the seat time was nothing. I didnt feel as if Id been on a 400 mile ride. The bike was made for these kinda roads....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I used to ride Mines Rd about once a week back in the mid 1990s. I worked at Moffet Field and lived in Manteca, so Mines Rd and Patterson Pass Rd were nice alternatives to I-580 on my commute.

• Thumbsup 1

I was station at Moffet Field .....73-77 and 79-83. I've taken the stairs inside Hanger 1 and Hanger 2 up to the roof top.

Actually sat under the rotating beacon on Hanger 1 and smoked  a joint.

Took the wife for her first time ever drive on Mines road out to the Junction at 130 this weekend to show her what I ride on at times. I could tell how far the drop off was on her side by her reactions.

Its such a fun road on a motorcycle......

hi duckie, im out of newark, i ride monitor pass, 395 sonora pass alot. sometimes i go to sonora pass n back.

5- 50- monotor pass, 395, 108, 120 580 , one time i went on to hwy 338 then down to bridgport reservoir then up to 395 to sonora, that was tiring

I'm just down the road in Milpitas. I'm retired so I can ride almost anytime. Long or local.

Last year I did the 108,395,88, 4 from here........bout 9 hours. The  only thing the wore me out was the wind coming back later in the day.

I plan on riding out to the Junction this Friday for a hot dog.

• Premium Member

Last year I rode 50, 88, 89, 4, 49 and 16 home.

In between 50 and 88 I took Emigrant Trail (paved) from Sly Park Rd off of 50 and it takes you to 88 a few miles from Kirkwood. One of the best roads in the area.

• Thumbsup 1

Thanks for the tip.....Ive been wanting to do 50 and 88.....now I really do. Next week sometime is the current time frame.

It amazing the amount of paved forest service roads there are. I use Google map street view to check them out.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, duckie said:

I use Google map street view to check them out.

Ha - funny, I do the exact same things when checking out a new area.  Its very useful. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I've done alot of "travel" using google maps, street view, and satellite view.

Theres alot of interesting stuff in the southern part of Nevada desert.

Google Sedan Crater look south while in satellite view.

Interesting to see stuff I ride by and never knew what was there.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, duckie said:

Thanks for the tip.....Ive been wanting to do 50 and 88.....now I really do. Next week sometime is the current time frame.

It amazing the amount of paved forest service roads there are. I use Google map street view to check them out.

While you're at it, try Wentworth Springs Rd. out of Georgetown between 80 and 50. @koth442 can vouch for it. He's from that area. Lots of great roads in that area. Wentworth and Emigrant Trail were two of my favorites. They're not open all year due to snow.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
On 7/16/2020 at 7:36 AM, fr8dog said:

Last year I rode 50, 88, 89, 4, 49 and 16 home.

In between 50 and 88 I took Emigrant Trail (paved) from Sly Park Rd off of 50 and it takes you to 88 a few miles from Kirkwood. One of the best roads in the area.

One more road to add to the future 'must ride' list. 😎👍

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

32 minutes ago, fr8dog said:

While you're at it, try Wentworth Springs Rd. out of Georgetown between 80 and 50. @koth442 can vouch for it. He's from that area. Lots of great roads in that area. 

Yep...Rode Wentworth Springs the last couple weekends. Great road for sure!

• Thumbsup 2