Whose up for some rides...

duckie

6 hours ago, fr8dog said:

While you're at it, try Wentworth Springs Rd. out of Georgetown between 80 and 50. @koth442 can vouch for it. He's from that area. Lots of great roads in that area. Wentworth and Emigrant Trail were two of my favorites. They're not open all year due to snow.

6 hours ago, betoney said:

One more road to add to the future 'must ride' list. 😎👍

Oh shit yeah. The fun is endless, just depends how wild you want to get. You can connect WWS to Mosquito Ridge Road too. MRR comes out of Foresthill, and is a local hot spot. Very tight canyon road. WWS is so smooth and seemingly predictable it can lure you into going too fast. The corner at the end of the dam (heading east) is deceptively tight.

@com3, wasn't the picture of that due on the R1 that's 6 feet in the air taken somewhere between MRR & WWS? Not that betony wants to get that wild, but it's a really cool picture. 

• Thanks 1

'15 FJ09

1 hour ago, koth442 said:

Oh shit yeah. The fun is endless, just depends how wild you want to get. You can connect WWS to Mosquito Ridge Road too. MRR comes out of Foresthill, and is a local hot spot. Very tight canyon road. WWS is so smooth and seemingly predictable it can lure you into going too fast. The corner at the end of the dam (heading east) is deceptively tight.

@com3, wasn't the picture of that due on the R1 that's 6 feet in the air taken somewhere between MRR & WWS? Not that betony wants to get that wild, but it's a really cool picture. 

Negative. That was off Drum Forbay near 80 headed up towards Alta

i-HJKxtBG-XL.jpg

• Like 2

Tuesday I did  a 400 mile loop through the Sierras. Took 88 out of Jackson up to 89 down to 4 to Angels Camp. 9 hour ride.......little more than 4 hours total in time to just to get to and back where the good roads start.

Perfect day, not hot, not cold. Clean roads. Light traffic.

The elevation took some of the grunt away from the motor, but it still worked flawlessly.

It dawned on me that part of 4 is nothing more than a paved hiking trail when it goes from two lanes down to one......same with 108.

If ya know the top part of 4 where it is narrow and not divided, you know its tight, blind corners and such. I came around one corner, and coming up hill was a Semi tow truck, towing a semi cab. Wide and long. I wanted to turn around to follow him just to see how he went up, but time didn't allow for that.

88 was nice since its all two lane and well maintained. Lots of speed to be carried through some of the turns......

Week or so....going again, but leaving way earlier this time.

• Thumbsup 1

26 minutes ago, duckie said:

Tuesday I did  a 400 mile loop through the Sierras. Took 88 out of Jackson up to 89 down to 4 to Angels Camp. 9 hour ride.......little more than 4 hours total in time to just to get to and back where the good roads start.

The elevation took some of the grunt away from the motor, but it still worked flawlessly.

It dawned on me that part of 4 is nothing more than a paved hiking trail when it goes from two lanes down to one......same with 108.

If ya know the top part of 4 where it is narrow and not divided, you know its tight, blind corners and such. I came around one corner, and coming up hill was a Semi tow truck, towing a semi cab. Wide and long. I wanted to turn around to follow him just to see how he went up, but time didn't allow for that.

88 was nice since its all two lane and well maintained. Lots of speed to be carried through some of the turns......

4 is my FAVORITE pass!  i've ridden it both directions about a trillion times. i love the single lane portion...that's my favorite part of 4!  at the top, by the lake, if you're headed east, you can catch WICKED air off the table top jump up there. :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, duckie said:

Nice!! What a great ride.

I stopped in Markleeville for a burger and gas. Wasn't sure I had enough gas to make it to Arnold. I didn't realize Ebbett's Pass was like a lane and a half wide either. There's hot springs in Markleeville, if you're into that. I didn't know until I was there.

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are killing me with all this talk of roads in my back yard! I'm in the Folsom area and I've ridden most of these roads many times. Hit me up if you want to ride or need some suggestions in the foothills. I like making google maps of my rides. Man I have next week off and you guys are making me want a big midweek ride!

I still need to sell my Tiger so I can get a Tracer/FJ, hopefully that'll happen soon.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bobbles said:

You guys are killing me with all this talk of roads in my back yard! I'm in the Folsom area and I've ridden most of these roads many times. Hit me up if you want to ride or need some suggestions in the foothills. I like making google maps of my rides. Man I have next week off and you guys are making me want a big midweek ride!

I still need to sell my Tiger so I can get a Tracer/FJ, hopefully that'll happen soon.

I've lived all over the sacto area..including in auburn, foresthill, eg, natomas... I know EVERY SINGLE ROAD out that way. When I lived in foresthill, my address was mosquito ridge rd. :)

• Thumbsup 1

10 hours ago, Bobbles said:

Man that mush have been great! I'm just off salmon falls road now and it's just OK compared to MRR.

Marshall Rd is a good one by you. Rattlesnake Bar Rd is also excellent. :D

10 hours ago, Bobbles said:

Man that mush have been great! I'm just off salmon falls road now and it's just OK compared to MRR.

oh yeah...and on the other side of 50, scott rd is a good one if you like sending huge jumps. :D  

NM1U9457-X3.jpg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Bobbles said:

Also SF a great place to get dead, too many driveways. MRR isn't exactly safe either, but at least it's 96.3% deserted. 

'15 FJ09

9 minutes ago, koth442 said:

Also SF a great place to get dead, too many driveways. MRR isn't exactly safe either, but at least it's 96.3% deserted. 

Haha don't be jealous just because you moved away. We miss ya bud! Some day I'm going to make it out to your neck of the woods to ride. 

4 hours ago, com3 said:

oh yeah...and on the other side of 50, scott rd is a good one if you like sending huge jumps. :D  

NM1U9457-X3.jpg

Damn, I can't say that I've ever gotten both wheels off the ground before! I'll have to check out Scott Rd. Lol not that I'll make it off the ground.

I was just out near sheep ranch a few weeks ago and man is there a lot to explore out there. I need a big day to go get lost there. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1