Whose up for some rides...

duckie

No, not yet, but I sure want to. Weather just about perfect.

Well, I'm retired so anytime works for me. The sooner the better weather wise.

Thinking of going up 108 to 395 to 89 back down 4. This time I want to leave earlier than I did last time which was around 11.......thinking like between 8-9. It takes two hours to get to Sonora from here. Leaving early gives some time for stopping and looking at the beauty of nature. Something I forget to do at times.

Ever ride any of the passes?

Where do you ride?  Ive been hitting the Junction the lately.....great hot dogs. Going tomorrow as a matter of fact

Mine is the only Tracer I ever see when I'm out riding.

You think the 3 mile at Thunderhill is fun.......do the 5 mile version....thats a hoot.

When I raced AFM, I would do the same thing for turn 9....split the track in thirds. What this does is straightens out turn 9.

Oh......on a race track there are no blind corners.....just corners you cant see through.

• Thumbsup 1

7 hours ago, duckie said:

No, not yet, but I sure want to. Weather just about perfect.

Well, I'm retired so anytime works for me. The sooner the better weather wise.

Thinking of going up 108 to 395 to 89 back down 4. This time I want to leave earlier than I did last time which was around 11.......thinking like between 8-9. It takes two hours to get to Sonora from here. Leaving early gives some time for stopping and looking at the beauty of nature. Something I forget to do at times.

Ever ride any of the passes?

Where do you ride?  Ive been hitting the Junction the lately.....great hot dogs. Going tomorrow as a matter of fact

Mine is the only Tracer I ever see when I'm out riding.

Cool. I ride all over the Bay...and beyond. But it has probably been 10yrs since I was on the Sierra passes. Used to ride 'em semi-regularly on COG rides (when I lived in SoCal). Might not be much fun cutting across the valley in the afternoon over the next few days, though, with extra hot weather in the forecast. Maybe we can shoot for  the middle of next week?

Re: The Junction tomorrow, I assume you mean Thursday - sure, sounds like fun. Do you go out and back or complete the loop through Livermore? I always loop it, and usually go counter clockwise (i.e. up the SJ side of Mt HAmilton) but lately have been going clockwise for a change of pace (also, puts me on the outside of most of the blind curves on Calaveras Rd with its crazy cage driving commuters). 🙂

I'll PM my contact info so we can finalize the details.

Middle of next week was when I was thinking. Heat don't brother me. Now wind gusts are another thing. I swear  going through Monitor Pass to 4 once, I was leaned over in a turn and a big gust of wind hit me on the side and it felt as as if the front was lifted slightly, not enough to get the tire off the ground but I could tell it was lifted. A real attention getter

On 8/11/2020 at 3:54 PM, maximo said:

Y'all looking to shave tenths, and I'm looking not to get hit from behind by that guy stuffed into leathers 3 sizes too small riding a rented Ninja 250...

That sounds like a personal attack. haha!

• Haha 2

norcal, i rarely look in here,

leme knwo when yall ride, i pass by sac alot going to eastern sierras.

also, anyone with a carb sync tool? i need mine done, who has one or i can buy one and we can sync them.

jason

• Thumbsup 1