VIN lookup?

knyte

• Supporting Member

We own an older Porsche (1980 928 for the curious), and someone  - more than one, I believe (on the Rennlist forums), was able to look up our VIN and see what options came from the factory, as well as some other handy info.  I'm not sure if they just interpret the VIN, or are actually looking it up somehow.

I'm wondering if something like that might be available for our FJ's / Tracers ?  The reason I ask is because I inquired about the cam chain tensioner at the dealership and he said "it has the 3rd iteration of the recalled tensioner."

So is there a way for us, besides the dealership, that we can find this info ?  I'm guessing it's dealer only, but...never know.  There are some clearly resourceful folks here.

Edited by knyte
usual grammatical fixes

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• 2 years later...
  • Supporting Member

Try this...

VIN Lookup with Specs

Click 'show all vehicle details'. I'm sure aftermarket options are not included but packages added at factory should be on the list.

I also came accross the web site to check for open recalls based on your Yamaha VIN...

Yamaha Recalls