GP Suspension 25mm Cartridge Kit + Ohlins YA 537 Shock

mbassani

Was towing on changing/upgrade the exhaust or shocks/suspension which i think changing shock first will give me happier face over the sound and bit of HP increase as both are similar price. 

notice, at least from my country, Ohlins price is just slightly more/similar to K-Tech/Nitron and a few well known brand, even YSS high end is close to Ohlins price, hence Ohlins it is !

Have narrow down to YA 223 (YA 537 might exceeded my budget),  has anyone use YA 223 and one noob questions, do we get to choose the spring or it comes as standard Ohlins spring. coz my weight is around 65 kgs (143 lb), afraid the standard will give me a hard ride. 

For Front, will maybe go for a cheaper alternative as Ohlins front will set me back another USD900-950 ( FKS504).

cheers. 

• Supporting Member
50 minutes ago, WKE002 said:

Was towing on changing/upgrade the exhaust or shocks/suspension which i think changing shock first will give me happier face over the sound and bit of HP increase as both are similar price.

Very good advice, suspension first, exhaust later at some point. 👍

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, ontheroad said:

I just ordered the K-Tech IDS 25mm cartridge kit and K-Teck Razor-R shock today.Im not much of a suspension guru so I will see if i can tell the difference from stock.Hope I wont be disappointed.  

Don't forget, the damping adjustments are there for a reason, don't be afraid to experiment (MANY instructional videos online).  So many riders never touch their suspension and never realize its fullest potential.  I have had my upgraded suspension for over 3 years and still make minor tweaks now and then based on the conditions.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

11 hours ago, ontheroad said:

I just ordered the K-Tech IDS 25mm cartridge kit and K-Teck Razor-R shock today.Im not much of a suspension guru so I will see if i can tell the difference from stock.Hope I wont be disappointed.  

I got the front end done with springs and valves and the rear end with the K-Tech Razor-R , and I was like yourself, hoping it wouldn't be a disappointment.
It's amazing. You'll probably not even realise a lot of the time because things are so much smoother all round. The bike will feel remarkably different, and will take you a few rides to really get the feel of it.

• Thumbsup 2

6 hours ago, Stew said:

I got the front end done with springs and valves and the rear end with the K-Tech Razor-R , and I was like yourself, hoping it wouldn't be a disappointment.
It's amazing. You'll probably not even realise a lot of the time because things are so much smoother all round. The bike will feel remarkably different, and will take you a few rides to really get the feel of it.

Yes with something this expensive you would hate to be disappointed and not notice any difference.My bike is a 2015 but I bought  it with only 

6500 km. on it. So the suspension should have been in good shape still,but I thought it could use an upgrade.