Seat Slope Mod

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

...it seems USPS has stopped tracking for some countries once packages leave our shore now... or in some cases its still at the departure point for a week waiting to move...

I typically see stuff hung up in Customs in either Chicago or Nashville. I am sure the plague isn't helping things. Two weeks is fairly typical.

I have had items sitting with DHL for 4-7 weeks in Germany, outbound to Canada... so I've been calibrated for patience. 💀

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

4 hours ago, Fleng said:

Surprise, surprise. Tracking has resumed and package has arrived in the Netherlands today. So I expect it today or next monday.

I could pick it up at a local Postal point. No idea why it was not delivered at my doorstep, but who cares.

Installed the mod, as easy as said here many times. Very thoughtfull to include the cleanwipe. Most difficult part was to remove the protecting shield of the velcro adhesive 😀.

Just did a static tryout (weather is lousy today) and it feels like my own DIYS mod which lowered the back iso raising the front. As I like the seat in the high position, your solution works better.

Dynamic tryout will be this weekend I hope, but I am confident it will work out positive.

• Thumbsup 4

Thanks for the feedback Fleng!   Happy it worked for you!

Tracer 9 GT / MT-09 '21+ updates - The first prototype bits are on a bike and being tested, and results so far are very encouraging.    This part will be a much different and potentially easier to install than the already easy install on the '15-'20 bikes.   But more testing is going on :)   Yamaha changed enough to make this an interesting remote design project :) 

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Joe,

Your kit unfortunately didn't work for me because at least on my custom Sargent that I had the nose raised quite a bit, your shims raised it so much more that the nose was so lifted up to the extent I couldn't scooch all the way forward to load the front in the twisties, and kept me back and rotated my hips up causing discomfort.

On the OEM saddle I'm sure it would be great but on my Sargent it's got to come out.

I hope this input helps others whose saddle has a raised nose but for the reasonable price and quality, it still may be worth a try.

3 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Joe,

Your kit unfortunately didn't work for me because at least on my custom Sargent that I had the nose raised quite a bit, your shims raised it so much more that the nose was so lifted up to the extent I couldn't scooch all the way forward to load the front in the twisties, and kept me back and rotated my hips up causing discomfort.

On the OEM saddle I'm sure it would be great but on my Sargent it's got to come out.

I hope this input helps others whose saddle has a raised nose but for the reasonable price and quality, it still may be worth a try.

Makes sense if your seat is already modified/designed to remove the slope, then using these inserts aren't really necessary.  

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

Makes sense if your seat is already modified/designed to remove the slope, then using these inserts aren't really necessary.  

You may not recall I told you why it may do that on my Sargent before I just paid shipping to help you verify it would fit a stock 15 & 16 saddle; which it does.

I'm usually willing to help a good cause.

10 hours ago, jamespz03 said:

Anyone purchase and install the mod and put the seat in the high position? I have a pretty huge gap (can put multiple fingers under the seat. Just want to see if I screwed up putting the seat back on. 

Yes. I also wondered if I put the seat back on wrong. I have a video coming out on Wednesday that shows my gap in the low position and the result in the high position, as well as before and after slope comparison. The mod does increase the gap a little. 

Edited by Grumpy Goat

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

1 hour ago, Grumpy Goat said:

Yes. I also wondered if I put the seat back on wrong. I have a video coming out on Wednesday that shows my gap in the low position and the result in the high position, as well as before and after slope comparison. The mod does increase the gap a little. 

Thanks GG. Looking forward to seeing it. 

@Clegg78the mod was easy to install and arrived quickly. Thank you for proving a cheap but long term quality fix!!

• Thumbsup 1

12 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

You may not recall I told you why it may do that on my Sargent before I just paid shipping to help you verify it would fit a stock 15 & 16 saddle; which it does.

I'm usually willing to help a good cause.

and I appreciate it and the info that the pre-raised nose Sargent seat doesn't need the shims!  All good things.   The info on the standard seat was helpful.

1 hour ago, Grumpy Goat said:

Yup, by design.  Not much of a way to change the seat angle to any extent and not increase a gap at the front.    There is already a decent gap in the high position, this does make it a tad more. 

• Thumbsup 1

T9 '21 update - After some feedback on the ride with the new shims in place it sounds as effective as the earlier bikes!    I am working through some last design tweaks and going to send them out for final verification mid week I hope.    There is a chance I can have them listed ready for sale by mid or late next week. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jamespz03 said:

Thanks GG. Looking forward to seeing it. 

@Clegg78the mod was easy to install and arrived quickly. Thank you for proving a cheap but long term quality fix!!

I think that you will find the video interesting. The seat slope mod took hours for me to install over a period of 2 weeks (because I was busy doing other things) but the delay was not due to the mod itself. The video details another "mod" (actually a design fix) that was done in the process of installing this actual enhancement "mod".

• Thumbsup 1

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS