Seat Slope Mod

I was back in town between a week flying around Alaska, and another trip, so I was able to get all the orders from the last week shipped.   (pic from 300 miles above the arctic circle just a short walk from Point Barrow. )image.thumb.png.82b7dab0f5c5065486bd86fdad784c25.png

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

Tell us about your other bike?

Honda CBXb.jpeg

Twice flipped - horizontal and vertical. 😁 Still, better than before.

That other bike looks very interesting ...

• Haha 1

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

9 hours ago, MotoUpholstery said:

I am able to Lower or Raise seat heights, add Luimoto Gold Gel for long distance comfort, add a memory foam topper for short distance comfort, and make custom seat covers with any design or style that you like such as diamonds, channels, and spider webs.

As a licensed expert racer I have insight into more than just the upholstery portion of the bike seat, such as the grip of the vinyl cover, the type/quality/firmness of foam to use so that you can ride in the proper geometry of the bike for smoothness and comfort while maintaining the ability to feel the rear tire when it moves on you.

I can change the slope of your seat but be aware that you are limited by the shape of the seat pan.

Feel free to ask me questions as I am honored to be a part of our community.

If I can be of assistance with questions or want me to work on your seat I do ship all over the world. Turnaround time is always quick so we can get right back out there.

Jaycee #600

MotorcycleUpholstery.com

So have y'all done a Tracer 900 seat yet?

Apparently my intention to help answer rider seat questions has gone noticed enough to delete my post.

I am an expert licensed racer who upholsters motorcycle seats for avid riders like yourself.

The severe slope in the tracer seat is fixable.

For comfort i can add gel and memory foam.

For grip I can change to a grippy vinyl so that you can hold onto the bike with less input and rider better.

If you choose not to delete my post then let me know what questions you have and if i can be of assistance.

Jaycee #600 MotorcycleUpholstery.com

• 4 weeks later...

Got my kit last week and it shipped/arrived fast! Installed yesterday and hope to get out today for a bit, but just sitting on the bike I can tell a nice difference. I will say that I don't care for how the seat looks/fits in the low position, but that has nothing to do with this awesome kit, I run in the high position anyways which fits and looks great. :)

• Premium Member
On 5/15/2022 at 3:37 PM, Artieb said:

1979 CBX  fully restored in 2013 w/19,000 miles just turn 34000miles  runs perfectly ride it often

DA3C5CBC-B01B-422B-9C32-469CEF0686A9.jpeg

C422F6E4-8A2C-49BB-982C-4BC358AC1B49.jpeg

Very nice!

I can't believe how big the turn signals look!  Were they the same size on my 80 CB750F?

And the solid brake rotors boy those are classic

Feedback on the seat slope mod on the 2019 Tracer 900 GT - After over 525 miles yesterday, the modification makes the seat doable for long trips. I was able to move around at will and, coupled with the Cool Covers seat cover, there is the perfect amount of grip in addition to the reduced slope. No way would I have been able to do this comfortably with the standard seat shape / slope. Yamaha needs to improve their seats, that's for sure.

• Thumbsup 4

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

• 2 months later...

Thanks again Clegg78 for this wonderful fix, the comfort I now have with the stock seat and an Alaskan leather pad is big time improvement. To anyone on the fence about this........just do it.

• Thumbsup 4