Seat Slope Mod

4 minutes ago, Shizzle said:

That stock seat is pretty much a POS anyway for any amount of time in the saddle at all. About 150 miles today and my ass was numb. I may try an Airhawk to see if that helps.

Seems to be one of the better stock seats I've ever ridden on or owned, not bad at all with my Sheepskin pad on it either. Butts are very subjective of course, but IMHO it is far from sucking.

9 hours ago, Shizzle said:

That stock seat is pretty much a POS anyway for any amount of time in the saddle at all. About 150 miles today and my ass was numb. I may try an Airhawk to see if that helps.

I just dug out my AirHawk and will go for a ride with it tomorrow.

Edited by whisperquiet

For factory it's a good seat, but damn the slope is killer.

I used two washers under the tank and rubber washers I had  for the seat. The metal washers were just a bit over 2 16ths and the rubber washers just under  4 16ths

When I first took the bike out, I was thinking, well this kinda sucks, there is no change.  But it's a subtle change. After a longer ride, I realized there was no discomfort. And as others have state, it also allows you to sit further back on the seat. I'm running out of riding for this year, so I think I'll try it next year and then decide on getting an Terry Adcox seta.

washers.jpg

Edited by roadwarrior
  • Thumbsup 1

On 6/25/2020 at 6:19 PM, smurph said:

So i was looking at the seat and figured I could raise the front a bit more as there's vertical wiggle room between the upper and lower settings where that front tab sits. So.... I grabbed some fender washers and electrical tape and got to work. 3 washers seems to be about the max. There's now no wiggle room up and down and the slope is 3/8" less slope-y 😂.

All original points of contact still make contact. It still seems secure and I think it's a great penny mod. Test rode for half an hour and mucho better. 

C5B9210B-7009-488C-AE7B-C18C1AD662F3.thumb.jpeg.b1c721668ebda78e22b42f1835f080e8.jpeg

doesnt do much for us short guys ,hahahah

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Ride365 said:

Seems to be one of the better stock seats I've ever ridden on or owned, not bad at all with my Sheepskin pad on it either. Butts are very subjective of course, but IMHO it is far from sucking.

What's wrong with you? First you're ok with the suspension now you're ok with the seat. What's next - you like the stock windscreen? Don't you know that a motorcycle is only as good as its mods? 😋

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, whisperquiet said:

I just dug out my AirHawk and will go a ride with it tomorrow.

I put my AirHawk on and it is a lot better... IMHO

Blue Lives Matter

4 hours ago, 1moreroad said:

What's wrong with you? First you're ok with the suspension now you're ok with the seat. What's next - you like the stock windscreen? Don't you know that a motorcycle is only as good as its mods? 😋

I know right? LOL Nah I am sure that in time I will upgrade the seat and for sure the windshield, but "so far" this is the best off the showroom floor bike I've ever owned.

• Thumbsup 1

For those who think the stock seat is horrid, you need to try a 2012 CBR600RR seat.  Seriously the stock seat on my BMW F800GT was only good for a hour max.  Add an AirHawk and I could get an hour and a half.  Got a comfort seat and it was good for a couple of hours - LOL took a 5,500 mile trip and couldn't find my AirHawk before I left.  Comfort seat plus AirHawk was good for 3 hours.  Tracer GT seat with AirHawk is as good as the comfort seat plus AirHawk on the BMW was.  I did a 500 mile day on the Tracer with no seat issues - I did have to keep scooting back but not too bad.  After I got home I put it in the lower position and like the feel of it better.  My right knee is OK with the bend - missing bottom 25% of kneecap due to a scooter crash but pretty much works like the other one.

1 hour ago, PhotoAl said:

For those who think the stock seat is horrid, you need to try a 2012 CBR600RR seat.  Seriously the stock seat on my BMW F800GT was only good for a hour max.  Add an AirHawk and I could get an hour and a half.  Got a comfort seat and it was good for a couple of hours - LOL took a 5,500 mile trip and couldn't find my AirHawk before I left.  Comfort seat plus AirHawk was good for 3 hours.  Tracer GT seat with AirHawk is as good as the comfort seat plus AirHawk on the BMW was.  I did a 500 mile day on the Tracer with no seat issues - I did have to keep scooting back but not too bad.  After I got home I put it in the lower position and like the feel of it better.  My right knee is OK with the bend - missing bottom 25% of kneecap due to a scooter crash but pretty much works like the other one.

I rode my new to me 2019 Tracer GT and started with my AirHawk......I removed it after 20 miles because of the floaty feel of the AirHawk.  I have two layers of a yoga mat and a Sterns ATV covering the stock seat which made for a decent ride (waiting on the seat bracket that has been ordered). I rode for 150 miles on a perfect day in Southern IL and MO......I really like the Tracer GT.  It complements my Super Tenere and Tenere 700 in a great way.

I would slip the AirHawk on for the drag of a ride across Kansas enroute Colorado.👍

Edited by whisperquiet

1 hour ago, whisperquiet said:

I rode my new to me 2019 Tracer GT and started with my AirHawk......I removed it after 20 miles because of the floaty feel of the AirHawk.  I have two layers of a yoga mat and a Sterns ATV covering the stock seat which made for a decent ride (waiting on the seat bracket that has been ordered). I rode for 150 miles on a perfect day in Southern IL and MO......I really like the Tracer GT.  It complements my Super Tenere and Tenere 700 in a great way.

I would slip the AirHawk on for the drag of a ride across Kansas enroute Colorado.👍

Sounds like you had too much air in the Airhawk, there should be very little at all......should not ever have a floaty feeling.