Seat Slope Mod

12 hours ago, kurtfriedrich said:

I have an air hawk, and I think it makes the slope worse.  Looking at your mod, for the gas tank shim, I am worried there is not enough thread length on the stock bolts for both the metal and nylon washer. I assume you are using the stock bolts?

thanks

I went with longer bolts. Just remember you're going into the aluminum frame. Don't want to screw up those threads.

I got a Sargent seat for my 15 late last year. No unsightly gap at the front.

Currently running the Sargent, an Airhawk, and removed slope mod. Still not completely happy. Slope mod. might go back in.

Anyone else notice your butt pain tolerance drop over winter?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, kurtfriedrich said:

I have an air hawk, and I think it makes the slope worse.  Looking at your mod, for the gas tank shim, I am worried there is not enough thread length on the stock bolts for both the metal and nylon washer. I assume you are using the stock bolts?

thanks

I am using the stock bolts.  They are plenty long enough. 

• Thumbsup 1

• 5 months later...

So I've been testing changes on my Tracer 900 Gt for a bunch of months and settled on a solution/product to make this easy.  https://jk3d.us/product/yamaha-tracer-900-gt-seat-slope-modification/ 

Has all the parts and raises the bracket by 6-7mm and preloads the feet on the front of the seat to keep it from sinking when weight is on it.   Changes the seat noticeably.   and retains soft rubber bushings for the tank mount. 

2021-09-28_11-00-31.jpg

Mainproduct3.jpg

Edited by Clegg78
  • Thumbsup 4

35 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

But it's a no-go on a 15~17, correct?

I dont have a 15-17 to check,  let me pull up a parts list for the 15-17 and see how much would be different?  Anyone know the specific differences between a 15-17 and a 18-20 for the seat mounting?  I know the seats are different in their outside design, the under-seat parts look very similar though.   So maybe it will work?

Edited by Clegg78
  • Thumbsup 1

I'd be willing to send a set to someone with a 15-17 to verify fitment for me.  Also for anyone with a Tracer 9 as the forward mount is different on the 9, if they could take detailed measurements for me, I'd also make a version for that. 

I just shipped my first handful of orders of these yesterday and have a few more to ship out today.  

• Thumbsup 4

I have a 900GT. Seat is in the high position.

Simply removed 4 rubber bumpers. The 2 big ones in the middle replaced by door bumpers 1 cm in hight, just attached with double sided tape. The 2 small ones at the back simply removed.

No slope.

And now I can sit for at least a 4 hour drive without pain, while before I could only last a bit over a hour before I got a sore bum.

YMMV.

Edited by Fleng

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

I'd be willing to send a set to someone with a 15-17 to verify fitment for me.  Also for anyone with a Tracer 9 as the forward mount is different on the 9, if they could take detailed measurements for me, I'd also make a version for that. 

I just shipped my first handful of orders of these yesterday and have a few more to ship out today.  

PM me and I'll give you my address

Thx

• Thumbsup 1

8 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

Saw that kit on another thread and ordered one the other night. Can’t wait to try it. Had no idea you were a member here but should have figured. 

• Thumbsup 1

8 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

And another one as of couple minutes ago. 🙂

• Thumbsup 1

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS