1st gen fj-09, newer narrower tracer, or other handlebar replacement?

07 fj-09

I may have bent my handlebars to point of replacement from a fall. My question is should I replace w/ 07 originals, newer narrower Tracer bars, or other replacements. Are there recommendations ?

Please reply, tnx Howie..... 

Edited by howie333

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, howie333 said:

07 fj-09

I may have bent my handlebars to point of replacement from a fall. My question is should I replace w/ 07 originals, newer narrower Tracer bars, or other replacements. Are there recommendations ?

Please reply, tnx Howie..... 

Not sure what you mean by 07 but you can swap them out with any bar that has a 1-1/8" center clamp area, - wider, narrower, shorter, taller, straighter, more sweep etc. 

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
22 minutes ago, howie333 said:

Sorry; I meant 2017. Not sure if a narrower width would be better in any way with the new Tracer bars ? Are there any after market bars that would be a better choice ? TNX. 

Personally, I hated the stock bars on the FJ09, way too wide and straight for me.  I am critically picky about bike ergonomics and control positioning though, I change bars on every bike I own, street and dirt.  When swapping bikes with riding buddies, the first thing I notice is their setup and I always want to pull out the tools and make quick adjustments.  If you aren't as picky as me then just get a similar bar shape to what you have.  Any handlebar you buy will list dimensions, they will all differ slightly to suit your preference.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 3 years later...