Phone Mount

Not even close to interfering. I'm 6'3" and the medium was the best compromise. I would have preferred a long arm to make the phone easier to reach, but it was bouncing around too much, no matter how hard I tightened the claw and the arms. The small put it too low and it didn't clear my tank bag. FWIW, I'm using the X-Grip mount.

I dislike a lot of RAM mounts and those accompanying large contraptions to attach the phone. No offence to anyone but they're rather ugly in my view.

I've been using a Quadlock bar mount for a couple years on my bikes, it's small, secure and fairly unobtrusive, even with the phone removed.

https://www.quadlockcase.co.uk/collections/shop-moto

Edited by Anon E Mouse
  • Thumbsup 1

best spot is below the handlebar, unused non moving space, i use a gopro alum mount bolted onto the plastic trim, trim is cheap to replace if i ever wana sell, the go pro mount bolted to a iphone cradle. even if the phone is not cliped on the cradle it stays in place

4529DA5E-A9E1-4A4C-B4F0-556175E2B22E.jpeg

Definitely mount to a non-handlebar point if at all possible.  If you do have to mount on the handlebars, mount from the middle. 

This, because the bars get somewhat buzzy, and vibration really wrecks the OIS systems in modern smartphones.  

On 7/10/2020 at 9:46 AM, Shizzle said:

Where and how are you guys mounting a phone mount? I already have the RAM Holder and an extension arm. Just curious what type of ball mount you are using.  I personally like it on the bars for now because its easy to reach, and I don't need to look too far down to see it.

I may try 3D printing a mount that goes on the 2 bolts on the top center of the tank there, but since I may use a tank bag at some point again I don't want to use that space, yet. 

Thanks

20200515_194942005_iOS-rotated-e1590101597859-895x1024.jpg

I am using one of the new Ran Touch-Charge X Grip holders.  Its a waterproof Qi wireless charger. Works awesome!   (and i happen o have one for sale in the For Sale section since I accidentally got 2. ) 

Edited by Clegg78

27 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

Definitely mount to a non-handlebar point if at all possible.  If you do have to mount on the handlebars, mount from the middle. 

This, because the bars get somewhat buzzy, and vibration really wrecks the OIS systems in modern smartphones.  

That is true if you are using the camera while riding, otherwise the OIS in most phones is secured when it isn't being used.  Most modern OIS implementations are pretty resilient these days as well. 

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

That is true if you are using the camera while riding, otherwise the OIS in most phones is secured when it isn't being used.  Most modern OIS implementations are pretty resilient these days as well. 

I have read a lot of occurrences on different bike forums of the image stabilization being affected or no longer usable like @Wintersdark mentioned, after using the phone on a bar mount.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***