TPMS Systems

Too much crap on the handlebars already for me.... FOBO Bike 2. I like it for the fact that the sensors are on all the time. The system can alert you to slow leaks and you can know what your tire pressures are BEFORE the bike starts rolling. AKA, while you are still at home near air. :)

• Supporting Member

There are plenty on the market... but I think the value comes in the way it is fitted on the bike. I will be looking to install these and then purchase any decent external system. This way I could inflate without having to remove the transducer cap.

Not the prettiest... but exactly the type of convenience I am looking for.

Edited by piotrek

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

20 minutes ago, piotrek said:

There are plenty on the market... but I think the value comes in the way it is fitted on the bike. I will be looking to install these and then purchase any decent external system. This way I could inflate without having to remove the transducer cap.

Hey, that's a damn good idea!  I love my 90 degree valves, but this is next-level :)  

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, SKYFLIX said:

Too much crap on the handlebars already for me.... FOBO Bike 2. I like it for the fact that the sensors are on all the time. The system can alert you to slow leaks and you can know what your tire pressures are BEFORE the bike starts rolling. AKA, while you are still at home near air. :)

That's what I ordered tonight

Thanks

48 minutes ago, Shizzle said:

That's what I ordered tonight

Thanks

Make sure you get some metal valve stems, too, preferably a T valve so you can leave the sensor installed all the time while adjusting air. Makes the battery last longer. I get almost a year out of my batteries with this configuration.

• Thumbsup 2

Before I ordered these I didn't realize they recommend changing out the valve stems. Is that necessary? Really hate to tear down a brand new bike. If that's the case I may send them back.

If it's a brand new bike and your valve stems are in good shape, then you'll probably be OK. Just be careful and check them regularly. The centripetal/centrifugal forces being applied by the sensors can damage the rubber stems. Perhaps hold off on installing them until it's time for a tire change (which won't be long if you have stock rubber on there now). The main issue I have with installing them directly to the valve stem (rubber or metal for that matter) has to do with having to remove them to add air (which lessens the battery life). A T valve stem will save you all that headache.

Yep, it's a brand new 2020 Tracer GT with under 100 miles on it so far. Tearing into the tires and rims is the last thing I want to do right now. I will run these tires until they need replaced. I think it handles great.

So after talking to a Fobo dealer and finding out they put the Fobo on rubber valve stems all the time I'm going to proceed. When I need tires I will replace the valve stems.  I don't suspect any issues but will report back if there is

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2020 at 6:24 PM, piotrek said:

piotrek...

Did you try these T-Valves?

How did they work out?

Blue Lives Matter

• Supporting Member
22 minutes ago, Tango said:

...Did you try these T-Valves?...

Will get them installed at next tire change (maybe October), but have them on hand. Will do some research for a system in the meantime.

20200815_150433.thumb.jpg.188ad4bf1326f1806d8b82fc769f0a2d.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • Supporting Member

Fitted the sensors on the wheels today. I can see myself getting frustrated having to loosen/tighten the jam nuts to be able to top-up. Have to wear the tires some more to get my T-valves installed. Positive news though... the reading on the gadget agrees dead-on with my Joe Racing gauge.

• Thumbsup 1