FJ09 WINDSHIELD ADJUSTER LOOSENING

FJ29ER

Any ideas on how to keep the stupid windshield adjusters from loosening? I put a taller screen on and the left side adjuster no matter how tight I get it. It vibrates completely loose within 5 miles or so. Was thinking of a little ziptie around the threads to give it some friction but still be able to loosen it if need be...

Bicycle wheel skewer. Remove the adjuster, thread one of these through. Job done.

Not my idea, but lots of posts about it. I have one on mine and they work well.

$_62.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Find great deals for Bike wheel skewers quick release clip bolt lever axle...

• Thumbsup 3

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member

@FJ29ER - I agree with @BBB and use the same part.  Not only is it easier to loosen and tighten if you ever need to adjust the screen but there is no way it can ever accidentally come loose if set up properly.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

16 minutes ago, BBB said:

Bicycle wheel skewer. Remove the adjuster, thread one of these through. Job done.

Not my idea, but lots of posts about it. I have one on mine and they work well.$_62.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Thank you.

I remember reading that awhile back, completely forgot.  I searched every word I could think of and could not find that "fix the stupid..." post. And only made it to page 3 searching with windscreen.