Hello from Wales

Hi all, new to the forum and just wanted to say “hi” to you all.

Bit about me; I’m 41 (still act like a child according to her in doors!), been riding for coming up to 16 years so a bit of a late bloomer. I don’t actually own a Tracer as yet but got one on order; the 900 GT 2020 model.

I’ve been on sports bikes (ZX6, R6, RSVR, R1 and GSXR1000, and CBR600 track bike) my whole riding “career” so the Tracer is a step in a new direction for me.

I have always been intrigued by the Tracer and recently got the chance to demo one while the gixxer was info a service, anyway 1 test ride later the deal was done and deposit paid. Should be taking delivery within the next week or two.

i do have one quick question and hoping someone will be able to share some insight; I’m looking for a good mobile phone mount so I can use it as a sat nav and a quick internet search has thrown up the Quadlock system. Just wonder if any of you good people have any experience of it and what your thoughts are?. Being that I live in the not so sunny UK, weather proofing is a important factor for me.

Anyway, enough rambling from me. “Hi” once again....

Thanks all, stay safe 👍🏻

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Welcome to the Forum Paul. You have some lovely roads down your way, My two riding mates and myself spent our summer tour in Wales last August and had a fantastic weeks riding. You wount be dissapointed with the tracer and after the GSXR you will probably be in a much more comfortable riding position.

Thanks, our group have made the trip ‘up North’ on quite a few occasions; places we’ve stayed include Oban, Kyle of Lochalsh, Kinlochleven, Killin to name just a few of many. Amazing scenery and roads of course; the run up to Applecross was quite something!

• Thumbsup 1

We are heading up that way in a few weeks, original plan was clockwise on the NC500 but with campsite showerblocks and other facilities maybe not available we went for plan B and will use two fixed locations at Inverary and Fort William instead. Be good to get away with the bikes.

Welcome Paul, you have chosen well with the tracer triple.  I get in Wales a lot living near Shrewsbury,  was in Criccieth the other day, lovely fish n chips. 

Have a look at 'ultimate addons' for decent waterproof phone mounts. Very good quality. 👍

Hello Paul,

And welcome.  You'll find a lot of good info on this site.

I can't help with the phone mount, but did want to say I was up on the Ben in a previous (climbers) life and loved Wales so much.

And Im sure there is great riding there.

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

+1 for the ultimateaddons phone cases.

I’m just across the border, on the Wirral. Was at Llyn Brenig on Thursday but pretty much all the Evo triangle is average speed cameras now. 😢

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)