New Member & Tracer 900 GT Owner

Nashtele

I purchased my Tracer 900 GT about 8 months ago and just joined tracer900.net.  I previously owned a HD Road King, a KTM Duke 390, and a Yamaha YZ450f dirt bike.  They all burned in a house fire back in December of 2017.  The Yamaha YZ450f had the most abuse (by far) but was also the most reliable and trouble-free bike I owned. 

With that in mind and insurance sorted, I decided to start over with the Tracer 900 GT (and another YZ450f).  I only have about 2,000 miles on it so far but recently completed several modifications and am planning to do a long multi-day ride at the end of the month.  Here is a list of the mods so far...

• Swapped out the silver shrouds and side panels for semi-matte black.
  • Upgraded the front and rear seat to a Bagster
  • Installed Vortex sprockets (front & Rear) with a new DID X-Ring chain
  • Swapped out the tires for Continental Sport Attach 3 (front and rear)
  • Replaced the US spec pumpkin turn signals and installed a tidy tail
  • Installed carbon fiber fork protectors (wanted to see a little less gold on the fork uppers)

Next on the list is a Sargent Backrest (for the misses), a Puig Touring windscreen, and a Soundbomb (horn).

Here are the pics with the mods listed above...

IMG_4566.jpeg

IMG_4360.jpeg

IMG_4743.jpeg

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/14/2020 at 10:17 AM, Yamajank said:

Where did you get the black side panels?  And do you have pics of your tail without the bags?  Oh and the carbon fiber fork protectors?  That is a great look!

2 minutes ago, Nashtele said:

I attached a recent pic with the bags removed.  As for the black shrouds, I used "Plasti Dip" Black Sapphire Luxury Metal Spray over the stock Silver.  This achieved the look I want for little money and I can easily remove it if I want to return to the silver or sell the bike.

Here is a link to the Plasti Dip

Here is a link to the Carbon Fork Protectors

Tracer.thumb.jpg.3ebfce892a47633bd23ec44ba96ebf5d.jpg

Edited by Nashtele
  • Thumbsup 4

• 8 months later...