'15-'17 Puig Touring Screen Revisions & Customer Service

jthayer09

• Supporting Member

Quick story:
I bought a Puig touring screen in 2016 for my 2015 FJ09 from RevZilla, I've been riding with it on the bike year round all-seasons since then. However, a crack developed on the windshield right above one of the upper mounting points on the bracket.

I believe that at higher speeds (80MPH+) the windshield wasn't thick (rigid?) enough on its own nor supported enough by the 4-point bracket to avoid flexing, thus the crack developed:
2141953650_Old_CrackBracket.thumb.jpg.c49b375883a4335766a5409fe3e65ad5.jpg

While searching for Puig's warranty on their site I noticed that their mounting bracket in their instructions didn't look like mine at all, it had the 4-point bracket with two additional supports extending out from the top to further support the windshield.

I contacted Puig's support by email and showed them pictures of my windshield, bracket, and crack. I requested that a replacement bracket as shown in the instructions be sent to me since I didn't want the other side to also develop a crack over time. They escalated to their tech department and who then sent me an entirely new windshield under warranty!

I received the new windshield and hardware today and there are a few differences from what I received in 2016:

1. As mentioned above the mounting bracket has additional supports:
    932944458_NewBracket.thumb.jpg.f4b4770d2d337b8a8349a7c28a1d4c2a.jpg
  2. The new windshield feels slightly thicker, maybe 1mm.
  3. The new windshield has more rounded edges, or rolled edges. Old windshield had harsher and more "flat" edges.
  4. The tinting of the new windshield does not go to the edge of the windscreen, old one does:
    136143370_NewEdge.thumb.jpg.78cccb4f2d5eaab242aed1fa4857693f.jpg

1919518899_OldEdge.thumb.jpg.a915bf71f6da5edc9fdb4b7dbc6f2fa6.jpg
  5. New windshield came with stock hand guard re-locators.

Anyway, just a PSA if anyone has had the same problem or is considering buying the screen.

I'm not sure if RevZilla messed up and sent me one of their test samples instead of a production one, or if Puig just did a revision and I missed the PSA.

Edited by jthayer09
Attachment upload is janky
  • Thumbsup 1