Bums on seats

Well there appear to be quite a few positive posts for Bagster and some that suggest only a minor improvement.  Many thanks to all those who have responded.  My own research has led me here 

Custom comfort seats for Yamaha MT-09 Tracer, for more relaxed...

MotoK seem to receive extremely favourable reviews.  I'm considering sending my seat to them during the coming winter hiatus.

CS

Edited by captainscarlet

1 hour ago, captainscarlet said:

Well there appear to be quite a few positive posts for Bagster and some that suggest only a minor improvement.  Many thanks to all those who have responded.  My own research has led me here 

Custom comfort seats for Yamaha MT-09 Tracer, for more relaxed...

MotoK seem to receive extremely favourable reviews.  I'm considering sending my seat to them during the coming winter hiatus.

CS

Had a look at their seat and would think that the seam would cut into your legs on a long ride.

My first 100km ride, do feel the firm or hardness, yet to ride further. For seats, nonissue here as we have custom made from fabric to real leather and best part usd80-120. My triumph t100 had the same issue, in fact worse than tracer, got it custom made and it’s a day and night difference. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Good luck finding a seat that works for you.  I struggled a bit with the stock seat.  It was fine for about the first hour then I began to squirm on the seat a bit.  Padded shorts helped but still did not extend my comfort much.  Add to that the forward slope was still a nuisance.  The fit of the Sargent seat to the bike was horrible and sitting upon it did not feel like much improvement.  Sent it back right away.  Surprised because I had seats from them on two other bikes which were quite good.

Terry Adcox has you sit on the bike and take photos, then builds you a custom seat.  Yes, it is a bit odd looking on the bike at first but I soon got used to that.  The seat is brilliant.  All day comfort with no squirming.    

• Thumbsup 2

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, jdavis said:

Had a look at their seat and would think that the seam would cut into your legs on a long ride.

That was my immediate thought as well.  That is the specific area that I have had to get modified and narrowed on mine.

• Thanks 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
8 minutes ago, captainscarlet said:

Good info, I have sent them an email asking about that and enquiring as to whether the seat can be had with a one piece covering.

CS

FWIW, this is the 'seamless' front area on mine.  I had the front half smoothed out and rounded a few times to get it right for me.

image.png.201bb04cbaadf49650d5d9b23277cd69.png

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***