2 pin turn OEM-type signal connectors?

Trying to locate 2 pin OEM type turn signal connectors. Indicator end, not bike end. 

Have found multiple sources for 3 pin connectors and 3 pin splitters. The closest I’ve found is MamaYama Europe shows 2 pin to bullet connector harnesses, but I can’t seem to find an online vendor that stocks/sells them. 

Would like to swap out the great pumpkin assemblies with the Yamaha Euro accessory replacements, can find the plain black and “carbon matt” signals, but am not going to cut the existing bike-side connectors off the harness to fit them...

• Supporting Member

Hi @thewrenchbender - I swapped the stock pumpkin signals on my 2015 FJ for LEDs from a Super Tenere.   On the FJ, the front and rear signals use the same factory 3-pin connectors,  but the rears only have two wires connected (no running lights on the rear).    I would assume it’s the same setup on the newer Tracer models, although I can’t verify that personally.    

This thread has a lot of useful details, and includes a link to the 3-pin connectors I used for my conversion.   

Good luck!
-Scott 

33 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Hi @thewrenchbender - I swapped the stock pumpkin signals on my 2015 FJ for LEDs from a Super Tenere.   On the FJ, the front and rear signals use the same factory 3-pin connectors,  but the rears only have two wires connected (no running lights on the rear).    I would assume it’s the same setup on the newer Tracer models, although I can’t verify that personally.    

This thread has a lot of useful details, and includes a link to the 3-pin connectors I used for my conversion.   

Good luck!
-Scott 

Thanks Scott 

Tracer GT (mine anyways) only has 2 pin/2 wire flat rectangular connectors instead of the round 3 pin front and rear.

Fronts are continuously lit as marker lights, then interrupted to signal. 

Mark

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Member

Good to know... Thanks!   It certainly makes sense to use a 2 wire connector at the rear, but I didn’t know Yamaha had made that change from the earlier bikes.  So the front on the GT is a 2 pin connector, also?    Interesting...  

Worst case, you could cut the connectors off the stock signals and wire them onto the replacements.  

On 7/26/2020 at 1:37 PM, thewrenchbender said:

Thanks Scott 

Tracer GT (mine anyways) only has 2 pin/2 wire flat rectangular connectors instead of the round 3 pin front and rear.

Fronts are continuously lit as marker lights, then interrupted to signal. 

Mark

Took the front end back apart to tweak the fork tubes-brain fart-front is a “round” three wire connector. 

Need to do some re-thinking. 

I’ll blame it on Corona...

• Premium Member
On 7/26/2020 at 2:24 PM, texscottyd said:

Good to know... Thanks!   It certainly makes sense to use a 2 wire connector at the rear, but I didn’t know Yamaha had made that change from the earlier bikes.  So the front on the GT is a 2 pin connector, also?    Interesting...  

Worst case, you could cut the connectors off the stock signals and wire them onto the replacements.  

I cut the connector off the stock turn signals and wire them with new led turn signals or you can buy new.