• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Front fender extender added

Put the Pyramid  front fender Extender on the other day. Looks great and should help keep off some of the crud . Got a rear one coming from Pyramid in the UK. It was actually cheaper than price on EBAY!

MIKE  .

0722201039_Burst01.jpg

• Thumbsup 4

• 2 weeks later...

GTO MIKE... does this pyramid need to drill holes to the ori fender. due to excitement on my new bike, i ordered the R&G front fender which arrived today and looking at the instruction, it provide 4 pivot (dunno exact name) to drill, i wud guess all extension needs unless one change the whole fender. 

I went for a "belt & braces" method when I fitted mine, made sure it was clean and used the double side tape that came with the unit. Then decided to put one of the plastic rivets in to the middle of the join. (just in case)

• Supporting Member

I would think long and hard before using PVC glue for attaching the fender extension. If the extension ever breaks or cracks, you will never be able to take the extension off the fender. The front fender is not cheap, double stick tape is a lot better idea if you are Leary of drilling into the fender and using the plastic rivets.

• Thumbsup 3

He who dies with the most toys wins.

Drilling is easy, the holes are small and you don’t notice them at all.

• Thumbsup 2

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member

Agree with @BBB.

The holes are tiny and after installing the extender you'll never notice them. This isn't an NR750, nobody will care that you drilled a couple of tiny holes in the fender.

• Thumbsup 3

22 hours ago, WKE002 said:

GTO MIKE... does this pyramid need to drill holes to the ori fender. due to excitement on my new bike, i ordered the R&G front fender which arrived today and looking at the instruction, it provide 4 pivot (dunno exact name) to drill, i wud guess all extension needs unless one change the whole fender. 

The pyramid I put on came with nice double sided rubber stickies ,not cheap foam and plastic rivets also ,if you wanted to use them too. Didn't have to use them. The double sided method worked great!  The trick is getting off the front fender ,unclamping the brake lines ,Remove the 4 side screws, carefully removed the plastic line clamps by reaching under fender with needle nose pliers to pinch the little ears to pop out of fender. Then I unbolted left side caliper to raise up high enough to  be able to lift fender up forward and out. Reverse for install. How I did it anyway.

MIKE

Edited by GTO MIKE
  • Thumbsup 2

• 1 month later...

Installed r&g front fender, using double sided tape, is it sooooo close to tires! I can’t imagine if to insert the screw provided, it’s definitely gonna rub against the tires. 

appreciate any tricks to ensure it give more room to insert the side screw

96488482-6350-48C9-B2D5-FFD2F7BA6FDA.jpeg

2AC8C791-AA8D-48FE-A9EE-05B13D1D4C68.jpeg

1DFF3D6F-8838-40E3-9C53-CF0C833E20DC.jpeg

The screw insertion point is well away from the tyre @WKE002, so no problem there. It’s the edges of your extender that are close. When I fitted mine I took the OEM fender off and clamped the extender for a while. I also used plastic rivets to hold it together as I was worried about the consequences if it came off while I was riding.  

You can see the clearance I have on mine in this thread. You may have to adjust your gaps.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

2 hours ago, WKE002 said:

Installed r&g front fender, using double sided tape, is it sooooo close to tires! I can’t imagine if to insert the screw provided, it’s definitely gonna rub against the tires. 

appreciate any tricks to ensure it give more room to insert the side screw

96488482-6350-48C9-B2D5-FFD2F7BA6FDA.jpeg

2AC8C791-AA8D-48FE-A9EE-05B13D1D4C68.jpeg

1DFF3D6F-8838-40E3-9C53-CF0C833E20DC.jpeg

I have also fitted the R&G extended and was concerned at how close it was to the tyre.  I haven't had an issue with it and used epoxy glue to fit it instead of the sticky pads and screws. I took the whole fender off the bike and clamped the two parts together while the glue was going off.  This was you can make sure the fender extender is perfectly straight.

Edited by Alistair
Add to post
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...