Coolant temps

for the 900cc bikes what are your engine coolant temps at.

today the ambient temp was 28c 
the bike in city traffic was 80c-105c (closer to 105c and the rad fan turning on when at stop lights if it was a long stop light.

on the highway it was in the 65-70c range.

does this sound normal?

oil level is good, 

coolant level is good

the RPM when riding is on the lower side 3000-5000 and i am easy on the throttle. 

• Supporting Member
2 minutes ago, alexreinke said:

Usually 100-110F above the ambient air temperature reading.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, alexreinke said:

today the ambient temp was 28c 
the bike in city traffic was 80c-105c (closer to 105c and the rad fan turning on when at stop lights if it was a long stop light.

on the highway it was in the 65-70c range.

does this sound normal?

oil level is good, 

coolant level is good

the RPM when riding is on the lower side 3000-5000 and i am easy on the throttle. 

Yes, that all sounds pretty normal. 

I think the fan is set to come on around 105C from the factory. When I had my ECU flash they dropped the threshold to 95C. I don't know if this is truly beneficial or not. If you feel the engine should run cooler than Yamaha's engineers think it should, then an ECU flash will help.

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, keithu said:

Yes, that all sounds pretty normal. 

I think the fan is set to come on around 105C from the factory. When I had my ECU flash they dropped the threshold to 95C. I don't know if this is truly beneficial or not. If you feel the engine should run cooler than Yamaha's engineers think it should, then an ECU flash will help.

Echo what you just said. I flashed and now fan are on at 95c. Add little bit water wetter in radiator, it helps to reduce temp.

1 hour ago, Motocheck said:

Echo what you just said. I flashed and now fan are on at 95c. Add little bit water wetter in radiator, it helps to reduce temp.

hey i see your in ontario, who did the flash on your ECU and whats it cost and what was the reason other then to change the fan turn on temp???

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, alexreinke said:

hey i see your in ontario, who did the flash on your ECU and whats it cost and what was the reason other then to change the fan turn on temp???

I sent it to David at vcyclenut. Link below to the list of changes for ECU flash. Now A mode bring big smile 😃 

3337390.png?103

FLASHED BY VCYCLENUT

• Thumbsup 1