Can anyone identify these spotlights, or the mounting bracketry?

Stew

It all came with the bike, and I have no way to contact the previous owner to enquire, but one of our fellow forum users asked about them , so on the off chance....

20200730_204550.jpg

20200730_204556.jpg

20200730_204622.jpg

20200730_204722.jpg

20200730_204740.jpg

20200730_204625.jpg

• Premium Member

IMO the brackets look home made by a decent fabricator. I could be wrong though. You're on you own for the lights. Never seen any like that....

• Thanks 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

16 hours ago, Stew said:

It all came with the bike, and I have no way to contact the previous owner to enquire, but one of our fellow forum users asked about them , so on the off chance....

20200730_204550.jpg

20200730_204556.jpg

20200730_204622.jpg

20200730_204722.jpg

20200730_204740.jpg

20200730_204625.jpg

Could be this without casings ? 

s-l400.jpg

Pair U9 15W Angel Eyes Lighting Laser Aluminum Yellow Shell. U8 bright...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tripletrouble said:

Could be this without casings ? 

s-l400.jpg

Pair U9 15W Angel Eyes Lighting Laser Aluminum Yellow Shell. U8 bright...

Oh ya beauty! That is exactly what they are. I'm swapping them out for something that doesn't show blue lights on the front, it's just begging to be pulled with blue showing :)

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, draco_1967 said:

The light bar that the brackets attach to looks like the factory Yamaha setup (I think it is sold in the EU only).

Thanks, I'll have a look on the yamaha eu site and check.

Much appreciate all the helpfulness on here.

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Stew said:

Oh ya beauty! That is exactly what they are. I'm swapping them out for something that doesn't show blue lights on the front, it's just begging to be pulled with blue showing :)

It might just be the angle of the photo but with them being behind/ under the beak, they don't seem to be much benefit.

• Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Exactly, they do nothing, but attract attention (which is partly their purpose I suppose) , but not the sort of attention I need.
I'm sure you have similar laws about showing blue lights.
I quite like having a license :)

• Thumbsup 1

46 minutes ago, Stew said:

Exactly, they do nothing, but attract attention (which is partly their purpose I suppose) , but not the sort of attention I need.
I'm sure you have similar laws about showing blue lights.
I quite like having a license :)

A licence is overrated. They tell people wear you live so they can send you fines haha. I have smaller 10w Chinese leds that I put on a separate switch. Think I paid about £10.00 pair. They look whitish, but blue at a different angle. It seems common with a lot leds.  I just have mine pointing forwards, it gives me a bit of presence when going round narrow country lanes, it makes the bike look bigger and more imposing. I don’t use them at night because people will think I ride a BMW.  😱

s-l400.jpg

LED Power: 10W. Quantity: 2pcs. LED work lights ensure high durability with...

Edited by Tripletrouble
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, betoney said:

It might just be the angle of the photo but with them being behind/ under the beak, they don't seem to be much benefit.

That’s what I thought when I fitted mine, quite high up under beak, but when your in a car looking at them, yes, they’re effective. 

• Thumbsup 2