Maintenance notification comes back after reset

iitywygms

Am I doing something wrong?

1.  Select Maintenance on menu.

2.  Set section 1, 2 and 3 to zero.

Take a ride.

5 minutes later after taking a ride Maintenance notification is flashing again.  Mileage in all 3 section shows 5 miles.

Its not the check engine light.  It's 'Maintenance' at the top of the menu that is flashing.

What am I missing?

Yeah I think you're going to have to take a picture.  That's not making sense, the maintenance is simply a counter from last reset, nothing more.  I'm not aware or have ran into any flashing maintenance notification.

This.  Maintenance word in upper right.

Ever since the ecu flash it starts flashing after about 5 minutes of riding.

Unless these last multiple times I have gone out I have accidentally hit the menu button?  But I never had this issue before the flash, and it has happened the last 4 times I have taken it out.

20200803_135328.jpg

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, iitywygms said:

This.  Maintenance word in upper right.

Ever since the ecu flash it starts flashing after about 5 minutes of riding.

Unless these last multiple times I have gone out I have accidentally hit the menu button?  But I never had this issue before the flash, and it has happened the last 4 times I have taken it out.

20200803_135328.jpg

That is the set up menu.  You should be able to exit that by turning the key off or (I think) holding the menu button for a few seconds.

*EDIT* also make sure that your clutch lever isn't hitting the menu button when it is pulled in.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I know.  But it just comes up after about 5 minutes of riding.  I can clear it by holding the menu button for 2 seconds.  I just don't understand why it is randomly going to the setup menu.  I am not pushing the menu button to bring it up.  It just comes up.  😕

• Supporting Member
8 minutes ago, iitywygms said:

I know.  But it just comes up after about 5 minutes of riding.  I can clear it by holding the menu button for 2 seconds.  I just don't understand why it is randomly going to the setup menu.  I am not pushing the menu button to bring it up.  It just comes up.  😕

I have no idea about why, I have never heard anyone mention that happening to them.  Are you certain that there is no way your finger is resting there or something accidentally hitting it? 

On the 2019 base Tracer, the menu is still the 'trigger' button on the front of the left control pod correct?  

Mystery solved.  

So I adjusted my clutch lever a few days ago for a shorter reach.  Doing that causes the clutch lever to contact the menu button.

Every time I pull into the garage I grab a hand full of clutch.  Resetting the menu.

20200803_164817_HDR.jpg

facepalm.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

• Supporting Member
2 minutes ago, iitywygms said:

Mystery solved.  

So I adjusted my clutch lever a few days ago for a shorter reach.  Doing that causes the clutch lever to contact the menu button.

Every time I pull into the garage I grab a hand full of clutch.  Resetting the menu.

20200803_164817_HDR.jpg

Yep, been there done that, that's why I mentioned it earlier.

I figured that is the ONLY thing that could cause that to happen consistently, glad you got it figured out. 👍

• Thumbsup 1

4 minutes ago, betoney said:

Yep, been there done that, that's why I mentioned it earlier.

I figured that is the ONLY thing that could cause that to happen consistently, glad you got it figured out. 👍

Glad you brought it up.  Thanks.  You have been great help on these forums.  🍻

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1