Riding in A mode , Smoother ?

GTO MIKE

Now that I,m over 1000 miles on my new bike , and getting used to it, I started to ride it in A mode and I swear it seems to run smoother with less vibration while cruising . Has anyone else noticed this or is it my imagination ? Don't know all the parameters that it changes but maybe more fueling or timing changes come into play ?

MIKE

• Supporting Member
15 minutes ago, GTO MIKE said:

Now that I,m over 1000 miles on my new bike , and getting used to it, I started to ride it in A mode and I swear it seems to run smoother with less vibration while cruising . Has anyone else noticed this or is it my imagination ? Don't know all the parameters that it changes but maybe more fueling or timing changes come into play ?

MIKE

I had my ECU flashed to default to A-mode and that is the only mode I use unless it is a frosty morning and the roads are slippery, then I use B-mode.  Very smooth for me, no complaints.  A-mode also has quick turn throttle 😎

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

13 hours ago, betoney said:

I had my ECU flashed to default to A-mode and that is the only mode I use unless it is a frosty morning and the roads are slippery, then I use B-mode.  Very smooth for me, no complaints.  A-mode also has quick turn throttle 😎

I've seen you say this before.  Do the FJ's change to a default setting (std I assume?) when you turn them on?  I know with the Tracer, it just starts at whatever mode you where in when you turned it off.

• Thumbsup 1

13 hours ago, GTO MIKE said:

MIKE

I pretty much ride exclusively in A mode, but can't say I've noticed any vibration changes between modes - mine's pretty buzzy all the time.  It's just more eager in A mode. 

• Supporting Member
23 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

I've seen you say this before.  Do the FJ's change to a default setting (std I assume?) when you turn them on?  I know with the Tracer, it just starts at whatever mode you where in when you turned it off.

Yes, if you were riding in B-mode and turn the ignition off, when you turn it back on it will start in STD.  That is one of the options available when flashing, to start in A-mode or leave it stock to start in STD.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
24 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

The first-gen FJs do default back to STD mode when you turn them on, regardless of what you had it set to previously.   You can pick a new default mode as part of the ECU flash, and about 99.9% of us seem have selected A as the new default mode.  

• Supporting Member

While I remain part of the 0.1% (them people) to start my bike in STD-mode, I do also find A-mode smoother for cruising. The bike's been flashed, but I recall A-mode always feeling less laboured.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif