Tire Prices

Updated with current rebates. Be sure to check yourself to see if the rebate is still valid.
Name:  Tire Prices.jpg Views: 2 Size:  195.6 KB

So...decisions, decisions. I know I'll need tires before the Fall. Which do I get?

NOTE: Some of those rebates expire in 9 days or the end of the month. So if you think you'll be like me and want tires this fall...buy them now and put them in the garage till later.

Chris

image.png

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member

Are you 100% set on getting the latest and (possibly) greatest?

Bridgestone T30 Evos are $169.98 for a set on Revzilla with 4.6/5.0 rating. (Not available on Rockmymountainadvmc)

Dunlop Roadsmart 2 are $161.76 for a set on Revzilla with 4.7/5.0 rating. Same price with 5.0/5.0 rating on Rockymountainadvmc.

I have Roadsmart 3s right now at the wear bars on the rear, not a fan after 11,000mi; I actually think they're a downgrade from stock personally. I'm leaning to the T30 myself because I haven't tried Bridgestone since BT023s and want to see how they've progressed. But the Roadsmart 2 are supposedly just a revision for the D222s that came stock on our bike, which I had no issues with.

I had good luck with the Roadsmart 3.  Excellent grip for an ST tire and good in the wet as well.  For me they seemed to be more on the sport side of the sport touring equation.

For something with excellent dry grip and even wear the Metzeler M7RR can be had for about 240 bucks a set while supplies last.  They dropped the price once they introduced the M9RR.  They provide grip on par with most super sport tires but seem to last a good bit longer.  Good in the wet as well.  

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

I'm running the redesigned Roadsmart IIs and I have no pros or cons on them. They seem to be your average ST tire. Good grip, wet or dry. Wear is good so far, 2,400 on the rear and some wear but not bad. I usually get about 3,200 to 3,600 miles out of a rear and these might last longer, we'll see.  I still have an extra rear, I buy 2 rears to 1 front. Should last till next spring. 

I tried the Angel GT on the rear and it preformed well. Got 3,600 I think and grip was good, wet or dry. Still not the confidence inspiring feel of sportbike tires. 

I'm thinking of going to the Bridgestone S22, not an ST just a sportbike tire on the recomendation of betoney. Going to 1 of the guys in our group to try his No-Mar tire changer. He says it's easy, just need the Technic. He will show me. If it's that easy I'll get 1 myself and can spoon on Sportbike tires at will,  😁 👍. Watching the MOTO GP race this morning and my bike feels like their bikes look going into corners. The rear tire seems to slide a bit as they brake hard with the front and the rear gets light. I use the rear brake just a smidgen to "set" the rear going into corners. With sportbike tires I get 1,200 to 1,800 miles out of a rear and can do most trips, that's 1 meet per rear on sportbike tires. They don't last long but man are they inspiring!!! betoney tells me when the Bridgestone tire rebates are on so I have my own alarm built into this site, Thanks betoney!! 

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, tktplz said:

I'm running the redesigned Roadsmart IIs and I have no pros or cons on them. They seem to be your average ST tire. Good grip, wet or dry. Wear is good so far, 2,400 on the rear and some wear but not bad. I usually get about 3,200 to 3,600 miles out of a rear and these might last longer, we'll see.  I still have an extra rear, I buy 2 rears to 1 front. Should last till next spring. 

I tried the Angel GT on the rear and it preformed well. Got 3,600 I think and grip was good, wet or dry. Still not the confidence inspiring feel of sportbike tires. 

I'm thinking of going to the Bridgestone S22, not an ST just a sportbike tire on the recomendation of betoney.  With sportbike tires I get 1,200 to 1,800 miles out of a rear and can do most trips, that's 1 meet per rear on sportbike tires.  betoney tells me when the Bridgestone tire rebates are on so I have my own alarm built into this site, Thanks betoney!! 

I think you ride a LOT harder than I do or have some very coarse road surface as I easily get double the life from my tires.  I have used the Angel GT many times on different bikes and averaged 8k miles riding both mountain/canyon sportriding and longer road trips.

I averaged 5500 with each set of Bridgestone S21, the T31 got me about 7k and currently have the S22 mounted with about 3k and easily half the life left in them.   I have another set of T31 waiting in the garage, their current Summer $40 rebate goes through Sept. 12.

• Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, racreative said:

Sorry for asking this... but how do I use the rebates listed above? I have never purchased tires online are these for a specific website? I have always purchased from local shops.

If you see any website advertising a rebate there should be something that says "click here for more details" they tell you exactly what you need to do.  I know for Bridgestone rebates you can submit it directly through their website, you just need a screen shot of your online order invoice.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Member
On 8/9/2020 at 5:48 AM, tktplz said:

I'm thinking of going to the Bridgestone S22, not an ST just a sportbike tire on the recomendation of betoney. Going to 1 of the guys in our group to try his No-Mar tire changer. He says it's easy, just need the Technic. He will show me. If it's that easy I'll get 1 myself and can spoon on Sportbike tires at will,  😁 👍. Watching the MOTO GP race this morning and my bike feels like their bikes look going into corners. The rear tire seems to slide a bit as they brake hard with the front and the rear gets light. I use the rear brake just a smidgen to "set" the rear going into corners. With sportbike tires I get 1,200 to 1,800 miles out of a rear and can do most trips, that's 1 meet per rear on sportbike tires. They don't last long but man are they inspiring!!! betoney tells me when the Bridgestone tire rebates are on so I have my own alarm built into this site, Thanks betoney!! 

An update on the S22, I just got back from an over-nighter trip and went over 5k on the tires.  I measured tread depth and still have 2mm in the center where it is shallowest (I measured a brand new set of T31's in the garage and they are 5.5mm).  I ride a lot of twisties but tend to ride a lot of highway to get to different parts of the state to reach them, so I do get squaring off in the center section.  Considering they are a 'sport' tire I am very happy with the longevity so far.

Of course with tire life, EVERYTHING affects longevity so YMMV. 😎👍

• Thumbsup 1