Adjustable Levers Recommendations

R.C.

I've got my stock clutch and brake levers adjusted as close as they'll get to the handle bar.  However, I'd like them just a little closer.  What solutions or recommendations for adjustable levers do you have?  Thank you.  

• Sad 1

Be careful of going for the cheap Chinese knock off levers as others have found they do not work on the GT with the cruise control.

I went for EvoTech at 99 pounds.

https://evotech-performance.com/collections/all/products/ep-yamaha-tracer-900-gt-folding-clutch-and-brake-lever-set-2018-onwards

I think others have been able to modify the cheaper ones to work.

I have been very happy with the evo tech.  They will adjust very close to the bar.

If others on this site that do not have a GT comment that all levers should work, I would suggest you tread carefully - go with advice from someone that has modified the levers for a GT.

• Thanks 1

I ordered these from Evotech from the UK. The clutch grabs normally now from a stand still and the brake adjustment is perfect. I feel it transformed the bike. I didn't really want the folding ones but I think that's all that have in full size unless you want the shorties. If you do order these, use UPS. USPS has been having issues in customs lately with the virus. 

Evotech-Folding-Clutch-Brake-Lever-set-P

Evotech Performance levers are CNC from billet...

• Thanks 1

Toward the bottom is my take on Gilles Tooling version. In Europe it appears they are available from MamaYama as a “factory” accessory.

Ran a no-name Chinese set on my FJR for 25k miles w/no issues. Little research I did-as indicated above-was that the clutch switch on the Tracer made those a little trickier to find/make work properly

Aside from the adjustability aspect, found the “straight” portion of the levers much more comfortable than the curved OEM levers when holding the clutch in for extended periods.

The Chinese clutch lever laid “flat” against the grip, when adjusted to the shortest reach, the Gilles clutch lever is parallel when is about 1/2” away, which as described, is when the 2nd clutch-side switch engages, and where the clutch starts to engage on the way “out”...

Hope this helps.

Mark

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Member

I went with the Pazzo levers on my FJ, and highly recommend them.  I haven’t looked to verify fit specifically for the GT, but feel certain they are available.    Not cheap, but superb quality and feel, and you can mix & match lever lengths depending on your personal preferences...  a standard length clutch and shorty brake seems to be a common configuration.   

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

I went with an eBay special made from the finest chinesium money can buy. The brake lever is fine. The clutch lever leaves some to be desired but overall it's perfectly rideable. 

• Haha 1

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
On 8/10/2020 at 9:10 AM, KillEmAll4u said:

I ordered these from Evotech from the UK. The clutch grabs normally now from a stand still and the brake adjustment is perfect. I feel it transformed the bike. I didn't really want the folding ones but I think that's all that have in full size unless you want the shorties. If you do order these, use UPS. USPS has been having issues in customs lately with the virus. 

You got lucky, apparently.  I've gone to that link and it says sold out. And it seems my Google is broken because I can't find those or others specifically for the GT in the States.

I"m so ready to throw more money at the bike and good levers are towards the top of the list.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 6:10 AM, KillEmAll4u said:

Seems all on back order ,,,im curious are these the same length as OEM?

thanks

Thanks everyone for some pointers.  I decided to go with the Evotech levers which I found on eBay.  It took about a week and a half to get them over the pond to the US.  

• Thumbsup 2

If you have the GT you need to order MT10 levers. As MT09 levers foul the larger switchblock on the clutch side. That's for the Ebay ones. More expensive reputable brand ones might well clear the block?

Don't ask me how I know this!

• Thumbsup 2

What I do is use my favorite parts supplier (partzilla.com) and do a cross reference check on the aftermarket part I'm trying to figure out the fit. Front brake lever https://www.partzilla.com/product/yamaha/5VS-83922-00-00?ref=e9940e13667342927f48b4cd63e7205b40d9e7f1 

and clutch lever

https://www.partzilla.com/product/yamaha/B67-83912-00-00?ref=0a619e88951a81b1664f10a7da717f020795ab99

• Thumbsup 1