Push Mountain Road Arkansas

1moreroad

• Premium Member

My favorite "local" road is Push Mountain in the Ozarks between Mountain View and Mountain Home AR. With COVID cancelling all my planned vacations, I thought it would be good to visit my closest "nationally" good road for the day. 

Turns out it's almost 300 miles away. Did it anyway. Rode up the hills above Batesville and rode 9 west of Melbourne for the 1st time. 

Temps were above 90 by 10 am and above 100 for most of the time between 1 and 5. Saw 104 on the FJ's thermometer while rolling at 50 mph. Watched the radiator temp stay above 200 most of the time while attacking corners in 3rd. Never got above 208.

Enjoyed a frappe and a large cup of ice water in Mountain View. 

Basically I rode almost 600 miles to ride a 30 mile road and I'd do it again. Not too many pix because I wanted to keep a 50 mph average speed with stops to get back home at a reasonable time. Only 1 trip indoors at a Subway for lunch. Camelbak bladder in the tank bag instead of on my back was leak free and let me grab a gulp anytime. 

20200810_152403~2.jpg

20200810_203750.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 4

• Supporting Member
4 minutes ago, 1moreroad said:

Basically I rode almost 600 miles to ride a 30 mile road and I'd do it again.

Now THAT is impressive. 👍

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
32 minutes ago, 1moreroad said:

Basically I rode almost 600 miles to ride a 30 mile road and I'd do it again.

As a guy who had been known to ride 250+ miles for breakfast tacos, I fully endorse this statement!  :)  

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

Hey 1Moreroad, Hwy 341 is an excellent ride. It's about the same mileage from my place in NW Louisiana. We have a fall meet in Mountain Home, AR every year now. 1 of our faves for eats is Heidi's Ugly Cakes. 

She has a killer Rubin and of course her Ugly Cakes are to die for. Her place is in Norfolk, AR and in Big Flat, ARIMG_7303.thumb.JPG.a5f9baedb8c30aeef25fc74c39e8582c.JPG there is a brewery to stop at and pick up a 6 pack of beverages for the evening after the ride. Glad you got to get in a little Push Mountain. We will be there in October. 

• Thumbsup 2

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!