Chinese kickstand plate

• 2 weeks later...

Found mine in the mailbox yesterday, took  3 weeks to arrive. 

Only mod needed was a little filing on the top plate to clear the bottom radius of the “foot” pin. 

Now need to find out whether it is big enuff to stop the stand from sinking in a repaired area in the parking lot at work/they trenched a new storm sewer line through last year and the replacement asphalt was too “sensitive” to lean a Tracer on...

• Thumbsup 2

I also have the Chinese one, in black, bought from the Ali site a few weeks ago. Took a couple weeks to arrive. It fits perfectly and works very well.

Taking the advice here, I added a smear of Loctite blue to the screws to prevent them vibrating loose. Another thing I did was wipe the sidestand foot all around with ACF50 before fitting the plate on to it. I think water could find its way inside the new plate and stay there, promoting rusting of the steel sidestand lower area which probably wouldn't be noticed whilst covered by the new plate.

Edited by Anon E Mouse

31 minutes ago, Anon E Mouse said:

I also have the Chinese one, in black, bought from the Ali site a few weeks ago. Took a couple weeks to arrive. It fits perfectly and works very well.

Taking the advice here, I added a smear of Loctite blue to the screws to prevent them vibrating loose. Another thing I did was wipe the sidestand foot all around with ACF50 before fitting the plate on to it. I think water could find its way inside the new plate and stay there, promoting rusting of the steel sidestand lower area which probably wouldn't be noticed whilst covered by the new plate.

Makes sense to me-mine has only been on the road for a couple months, but had to clean up the “foot” and put a fresh coat of Rustoleum on the already bare bottom surface of it before throwing the plate on.

When my FJR (rode it extended season) was 5 years old had to totally re-paint the center stand-I blame hanging out by the catalytic converter/paint getting baked...

• 10 months later...
  • Premium Member

I've had a ChiCom foot for a few years but even after grinding the heck off the bottom back of it, it still rubs on the center stand.  It uses 4 or 5 screws, all LockTighted but 1 screw has an anti rattle function I've had to replace twice.  So not the best...

23 hours ago, Fabrice said:

What about buying American made, right here in NC. Just bought from Rick Hughes at Adventure Tech LLC.

IMG_6751.jpg.a5eee57b3f3159f5965c04cede707779.jpg

I didn't realize Rick made those for the Tracer, I would've for sure gotten from him over the one I bought on Amazon.

• Thumbsup 1

12 hours ago, Ride365 said:

I didn't realize Rick made those for the Tracer, I would've for sure gotten from him over the one I bought on Amazon.

To be honest, I had been looking for one on all possible commerce sites, but they all sent me back to them Chinese made stuff. I simply refuse to buy any of this. It's only through this great forum that I was made aware of Rick's business. Yes, it is more expansive ($38.95 with S&H) but I got it in 2 days and I kept our mighty Dollar here!!!

• Thumbsup 1

Timely conversation -- I need to get one of these!

A kickstand foot is one of those upgrades like heated grips that I consider mandatory on every bike used in the real world.

On our old asphalt driveway at work, I just toss a metal outlet cover plate on the ground and put my kickstand on that. It's a small office, so I'm always parked in the same place. There's a lot of foot traffic here, but so far no one has bothered it; the plate is always right where I left it. After a couple of years, it's no longer shiny and mostly blends in.

On my other bikes, I have "Sink-no-Bob" kickstand feet. The small company that made these is long gone. Basically, it's a circle with two ears cut out of some extremely thick and tough conveyor belt material. You plop your kickstand onto the circle, fold the ears up and secure to the kickstand with a hose clamp. It's absolutely hideous, but nearly universally applicable and incredibly effective.

I'll likely grab the Adventure Tech version, but those crappy-looking phillips head screws are just plain offensive. Although they look zinc coated, I'm sure they'll look terrible after a few months of weather.

Do you happen to know what thread size those screws are?

• Thumbsup 1